the abuse needs to stop

edited May 2012 in Parenting
That's right it does!

My son is the victim and the baterer

HIMSELF.

he bangs his head on the floor, the wall, with his hand, on the refrigerator. Basically anything he can find..

He has bumps on his forhead.. I ignore it because i know he does it for attention but i can't help to say ouch!!!

Help anyone?

Comments

• Yes once he hits himself pretty hard he cries and does it again but softer @momING
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @HomeBirthAdvocate omg :( now I'm scared he's 15mo he only does it when I tell him NO bc he is either doing something he isn't supposed to or for whatever reason
  • my son did this..he had a lot of issues though starting out around that age.
  • @bahamamama4828 my mom says i used to do it as a baby but that she ignored me and i stopped. How did you get it to stop.
  • I did this as a baby 1 yrs old and i went thu terrible 2s at one it was so bad mom had to hold me when i threw fits I grew out of this and am perfectly fine now :)
  • Its a soothing mechanism. My nephew and cousin both do it. They're both gonna be 8a this year. They've done it since they were babies
  • my son does this and hes only 11months old! i spoke to my health visitor about it who has told me to ignore it! she said he does it for attention and when i stop giving him the attention he will stop doing it!?
  • My mom said I did the tantrum thing until I smacked my head on a concrete slab...never did it again.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ya, it wasnt for attention with my son either. I am not even going to say what led to it but he eventually stopped. he is 9 now and sometimes smacks himself with his hands.
  • My nephew will be 2 in july and he does it when he gets in trouble or told 'no" for ANY reason. In his case, all attention. Nothing stops him, either. He knocked himself out doing it on the concrete porch. My sil and bil keep a helmet on him because they are afraid he will get brain damage. So helmet and ignore is ehat we all do.... so far, seems to be helping a little. He knows helmet means punishment.