can bananas constipate

edited May 2012 in Pregnant
The day of? I fed my lo a tbsp of bananas this morning. Well she pushed for like 10-15 mins and all that came out was a tiny piece. Now shes screaming, help!

Comments

• I don't know if it would really to that right away! But it definitely could. I know ppl who give their kid both rice & bananas when the stools are too soft.
  • Bananas are so harsh on my lo tummy.
  • @mimii36 how do you fix it?
  • I gave my lo apple juice...and didn't do bananas anymore. I'll wait a little longer.
  • Yes I make sure I do tummy massage and playing with his legs when he has bananas! He loves them but night time sucks when he gets an upset tummy til he poops!
  • Looks like i am making a trip to get apple juice. Finally got her to take a nap.
  • Yea I would hold off on bananas. My lo liked them but I didn't like how it made her feel. She has plenty other foods to chose from.
  • Try to balance the constipating fruits (apples,bananas) w/ the fruits that make loose poops (pears, peaches, apricots). Only use prunes if your lo is really blocked Cuz they can be crampy.
  • Well Kaylee must be a boo boo machine bc she eats bananas all the time and never has a problem going
  • Yay she pooped!!!
  • Try a little bit of pruns(: my son use to do that.
  • Glad she is feeling better.

@Tootie08 I was thinking the same thing.. Keegan has never had a probably and she downs bananas.