In my 35th week of pregnancy and a lil terrified of child birth....

edited May 2012 in Third Trimester
This is my first kid so I dont know quite what to expect....
What can I do to have a successful birth?
im a bit nervous. Help!!

Comments

• Relaxing is the best thing to do oh and don't let the nurses push you around if you want to do something or have a thought for something in particular don't budge.
  • I was nervous to,I had my daughter at 37 weeks I didn't even have my hospital bag pack, but when I for to the hospital that's when I really got nervous I told my fiancé I can't do this lol. But just stay calm don't freak out.
  • @Jazzie I'm really tring not to freak out. Could be just the fact that I haven't been through this before.
  • Don't have any expectations and a plan on how things will go. Childbirth is unpredictable. The only thing you can really plan for is pain relief :)
  • I felt the same way no matter how many people I asked about labor and contractions to get my self ready I was still nervous. But the nurses was so nice and they made me feel better even though I was in pain and didn't wanna be bothered. They helped me get threw my pain until I got an epi
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @HomeBirthAdvocate Oh for sure!

Thanks Mámás :X
  • It sucks though because you're on a forum full of women with some scary stories! So you don't know what to expect. Gather a birth plan, go over it with everyone in the hospital and make sure they follow it. Avoid going to the hospital "too soon" so the doctors don't rush you if that makes sense :)
  • I agree with the birth plan. It at least gets you started. Since I was a VBAC It was very important to have it. I didnt have just one doctor so It was a big deal to have it on paper and my hubby knew also. I had specific rules for my son (My daughter was given formula w/o permission and also a paci and I didnt want that again.) Things didnt go 100% as planned but having a general idea was helpful especially for my 'support persons'...
  • The more educated you are with the process the more relaxed and comfortable you will be with the situation.
  • dont be scared! save the being scared for when your in labor (you'll forget alllll about being scared) i was scared my whole pregnancy and I figured im not guna scare myself all out bkuz i have to get this baby out somehow no matter what.. plus even when my water broke i was excited not scared :) its a biiigggg rush believe me. and dont plan labor! all labors are different, try to stay calm and remember they have oxygen masks if anything. :) i tell you that from experiance mama.
  • edited May 2012
    I swear by a birth plan. I didn't take one because my mentality was 'I got this!' But I didnt have it and things took a left instead of a right (my way). Your mind is in another world!

Next time, I will have a POSTER of MY rules, lol. No joke though.
  • Don't be scared, I didn't have greatest or worst birth but none of it really matters now, I have a gorgeous baby boy & everything was worth going through for him & I've no doubts about doing it all over again. There are pros & cons about making a birth plan, just do what's right for you i.e. if you have strong opinions about what you want then def do one :-)
  • Don't be scared. I was scared too since I'm a ftm also. But once my water started to leak I was so excited and knew it was almost time to meet my lo. All the excitement trumps the nervousness. If you want an epi tell them when you first get there. It takes a while for them to get ready. They asked me if I wanted one when I got there and I said yes. So they made sure I had plenty of fluids in my body for by the time I got it. They told me at 7 that it would be up soon...it took a half hour. I was glad I didn't wait till I was in pain otherwise I would've been miserable.
  • Your female, so you can handle it. It's tough but if it was an easy job the men would do it.

:-S ;;)
  • SOOOO not the smiles I wanted! :-D
  • Oh for craps sake...

The winking one!!
  • @conreeaght I guess so lol. Your using your phone huh?? I can only get a regular smiley face to work on my phone and thats basicly because I know what to type to create a smiley face. So when I use emoticons im on the PC... :)