Any good diet ideas and workouts for preggo women?

edited May 2012 in Third Trimester
I've been reaching almost the 300 limit and its scaring me and my hubby. Is there any way that I could get some help on loosing at least some weight during pregnancy?

Any food and excercise ideas?
I'd greatly appreciate it. THANK YOU! :)

Comments

• You never want to calorie restrict while pregnant, nor do you want to start any strenuous exercise routine you're not familiar with.

I would watch your refined sugars (sweets, cereals, white bread, white rice, etc) and focus on more whole grains, fruits and veggies (the more colors the better) and lean meats. If you do that you'll ensure adequate nutrition for both you and baby. You may be surprised you feel better and may even drop weight because you are not consuming calorie dense foods.

A far as exercising, a walk in the evenings or mornings would be a nice way to start, but I'd advise to get the OK from your physician first.
  • Sounds good, its SO hard!!
  • edited May 2012
    Many people think that they really have to eat for TWO when they are pregnant --wrong! During early pregnancy caloric need only increases by about 300 calories and towards the end to about 500. Which really isn't a lot of extra food, well depending on what it is you eat.
  • Just watch what you eat. I normally eat a vegan/vegetarian diet, but make sure to eat all your colors! And don't consume sweets. The more water the better, and a nice long walk will help move everything along.
  • @EricaK22 I've been walking more these days but sometimes it feels like i have to dragg myself to do things. Which I hate.
  • edited May 2012
    ****Double post....sorry****
  • Don't worry I feel the same way. I want and try to take a walk outside, but I just can't get my self outside. Before I had my son, I started walking late at night so it was cooler outside, and being 40weeks pregnant I was just dragging my feet along lol
  • If you feel up to it, try water aerobics. No stress on your joints, can go as easy as you need, plus the pressure from your belly is gone! For a bit.