Is the baby OK?

Okay, so I dont know if I am just paranoid or if i should actually be worried. I am 16 weeks and I was laying on the couch last night when my dog (big goofy boxer) came running inside jumped on me and landed straight on my stomach, right where the baby is. It almost knocked the wind out of me. Hurt real bad, but mostly I am worried that it could have hurt the baby??? Could it have? And if so should I call a doctor? I really don't want to sound like that super paranoid over protective pregnant lady... but I do feel protective over my little baby. Any suggestions or advice? Other than of course making sure that does NOT happen again...

Comments

• I wouldn't worry, but I would definitely schedule an appointment with your doctor asap just to be safe. There's no sense in worrying when you can know for sure, and I'm sure the doctor will get you in right away to be on the safe side.
  • Chances are the baby is ok if you're not having any bleeding or heavy cramping. The baby is protected by the amniotic sac. If you're still worried contact your doctor.
  • U should be ok....uve got ur ribs n musclr n amniotic sac as a barrier for ur baby. Just be sure to see a doc cuz u can never be too safe!
  • Thank you for this post...I worry about the same thing ( my big loveable goofy boxer) jumping on my stomach...but after reading these replies it makes me feel a lot better!
  • My dog elbowed me in the tummy and I also ran myself into a cart twice at work by accident while throwing away huge boxes im fine but you should also be careful and talk to ur doc
  • Ok so I feel LOT better. Thank you everyone! I guess ill just give my dr a call, can't hurt anything. Im sure everything is fine, but yes... better safe then sorry!
  • I fell down the stairs and the baby was fine. Me just sore for a week...