will my hair ever stop..

edited June 2012 in Postpartum Health
Shedding? I'm 7 months PP and is still coming out in handfuls.

Comments

• Has yours been coming out in clumps since you gave birth? Only asking as I'm currently 4 months pp & been shedding about a month now so trying to gauge how much longer I've got to put up with it. Sorry, know that's not much help to you xxxx
  • @willothewisp yes :( well, it slowed down for awhile but started again
  • @2ndbutfirst maybe I'll get some and try that. Thanks
  • My Dr that I work with is from India and swears by coconut oil or Moroccan oil for hair. Maybe you could try that? Are you taking a multivitamin? Maybe you are not getting enough vitamins in your system.....or it could be pp stuff or stress
  • Coconut oil is the business! But, it's been 13 months, and mine is still doing that. I used to have amazing, thick hair, now it's thin and not so lush. :(
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2012
    My hair started falling out in clumps at 3 months pp. after a few months it slowed down, but I was starting to think I would go bald :( you shed so much because your hair grew so much during pregnancy and didn't fall out everyday like normal. So you end up with shedding 9 months worth of hair at once. My hair was so thick when I was Prego and I didn't lose anything! There was no hair after a shower, nothing, it was awesome.
  • mine still does almost 8 mo pp. but i usually use coconut oil and its helped some and also upping my protein intake.
  • Anti breakage shampoos will only help damaged hair that's breaking off, not falling out from the scalp. Try taking biotin or any b-complex. Your hormones are still regulating, it might take a while. It probably won't let up until you're done breastfeeding.
  • @starrxoxo9 girl, I haven't breastfed in 5 months
  • Hmm that's strange!! Well I would definitely try the vitamins, they will help.
  • Omg i am 5 mo pp and its doing that. I bottle feed as well
  • I just stopped shedding. It was from about 4 to 6 months pp...so a couple months....ughh
  • NO, it will last FOREVER! At least, mine has. My son is eleven months and it's still happening. It's making me increasingly paranoid about starting treatment once school is done. I'm terrified to lose my hair. I have thick, long hair so all the clumps coming out now aren't noticeable.