@mijita WIC question!

edited June 2012 in Babies
I know you have mentioned you worked at a WIC in Arizona.
So I had a question, is it possible to request formula change to similac organic instead of similac advance on laila's next appointment?

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Yes, as long as it's on their list of ”approved” formulas. Call your local WIC office and ask if similac organic is on their list of provided formulas (don't think it is, but it may have been added). If not, ask them which is similar, or closest to it. Then contact your LO pediatrician and have them write a note (prescription) for the one in need. Any specialty formulas require physician approval in order for WIC to voucher them.

If you do this ahead of time, things will go much smoother at your WIC appointment.
  • ^^yup! sorry to jump in lol i volunteered there
  • @Mijita Thank you! :)

@bahamamama4828 lol you're awesome so its ok ;)
  • @mijita - would ur dr need a reason or will they just do it by request? Thanks!
  • edited June 2012
    @LolasBabyNum1, you're welcome!

@Wilsomom, technically we are not suppose to interrogate our clients. We may ask so that we can code it in the system. The coding is to justify potential risks that the client may be at risk for or exhibit. Most Drs I find are very compliant to the needs of their clients and most always write the script for them.

Take for instance, most soy formulas require dr consent and most babies on soy are on it due to a sensitivity or allergy to nonsoy formulas. The risk could be dehydration and malnourishment due to excessive diarrhea.

Does this answer your question, or did I go off on a tangent, lol.
  • @mijita yes, thank you! :)