breast feeding mommas

edited June 2012 in Breastfeeding
I have a few questions,

First when im feeding My lo She pinches my boob And my arms and it really hurts what can I do to stop her?

Second My lo is 8 months when will She possibly start sleeping throw the night

Third when she turns one And I plan on breast feeding till about 2 or 2 in half (please dont judge) but would I also give her cows milk what if she dont want cows milk?

How do I get more support with family friends and.boyfriend about breast feeding n How long im planning On breast feeding for

Comments

• A nursing necklace might help.
    My 7 mo doesn't sleep either and my 2 yo is a terrible sleeper. Just have to wait it out, when they're ready.
    You don't have to give cows milk if your kid gets enough nutrients from other sources. We don't do cows milk its disgusting and not that good for you. We do almond/coconut/hemp milks.
    Tell them to mind their own business lol. I plan on letting my child self wean as well.
  • edited June 2012
    My daughter is 8months aswell and does the same thing! It doesn't help that I don't clip her nails all the time..I have scratches all on my chest..I usually just tell her to stop or move her hand from pinching.
    I'll give her milk after a year (maybe).. my son loves it! I really don't like it.. I should try Almond milk.. heard it was good
    As for family.. I'd just ignore them if they have anything rude..or judgmental to say..
    But for support..show them the facts of how good bfing is even after 1
  • BUMP!

ive been wondering alot about half of what your saying so i'll deffinitely stick around to see what kinda answers show up. Thanks!
  • Same here ^^^^ my son is 7months and my plan is to stop breastfeeding at 1yr but idk how I'm gona do it kinda scared
  • edited June 2012
    @squrit299 ... Sorry but family and friends tend to be your biggest haters with BFing. Look for support through WIC ... I attend a BFing support class.

My baby loves to scratch.. it only gets worse through the months. All you can do is keep the nails really short... And don't say ouch cause it'll turn into a game.

I'm BFing until 2 as well... I believe your baby will also need cows milk.. but that's a great question.

Sleeping through the night may cone and go and then come again. Babies under 1 have a lot of growth spurts and during that time you'll find you LO won't sleep through the night. Also a lot of BF don't sleep through the night until after 1 yrs of age... They need to be near the breast.
  • @bahamamama4828
    Where Can I get a nursing necklaces I agree on the cows milk it is disgusting I've tried silk milk n I love it. They ll think im crazy but I just want what's best for my daughter

@nameless
    I keep her nails short never let them get long She will seriously pinch with her fingers I hurts so bad brings tears to my eyes i tell her to stop No and try to move her hand and she will cry I've tried to show the great benefits and all the facts for breastfeeding after 1 and they just think I'm crazy or stupid and that I'll stop after she cut her first tooth I don't know I just wish I had more support like my daughters godmother even ask me over n over when im going to stop breastfeeding n give her formula... that kinda upset me I wish people were more open with breastfeeding.

@YNVTish
    I have wic but the people are always so bitchy There I keep her nails really short I don't say ouch but it hurts so bad it bring tears to my eyes leave bruise she doesnt pinch with her nails she pinches with her fingers everyone is always asking when im going to stop and that im crazy an my daughters godmother asked when I was going to stop breastfeeding n put her on formula

• I think if she causes you any kind of skin irritation, bites or makes it swell thats when its neccassary to stop breastfeeding...
  • Well about the pinching. Obviously it's not a reason to stop breastfeedibg. All you have to do is redirect. Ollie used to pinch the underside if my arm all the time. I figured out it was bc he was bored while having boobie time. So I found a sturdy necklace that was long and he will play with that instead of pinching. Also you could try a stern NO and moving your LOs hand.

We won't be doing cows milk here either. I will be giving almond or coconut milk ( or a combo of both..it's super yummy!)

As for the sleeping thru the night..well that's something that your baby will dictate. Ollie has some nights now (at 8 months) that he gets up twice, abd some nights where he sleeps from 7:30p - 6:30a.

And tell your family to stay in their own lane and not to worry about what your doing! Lol. This is YOUR baby abd you will do as you see fit. ( I had this exact convo with my family)
  • @ashley_smashley the necklace seems like a good idea and pinches when she gets mad too it hurts so bad! i want to do almond or coconut milk but some people the bf thhinks its stupid and said he will give her cows milk kinda makes me mad!
  • Try to educate him on why you don't want to do cows milk. My hubs was leery of some of my choices until I showed him my research.
  • I've got a nursing necklace & its fab (when I remember to wear it!!!!) & did Google search to find

Also been having bad run of nights with my lo, he's been getting up 6-10 times a night for the past month. Bought 'the no cry sleep solution' book as someone on here recommended on Friday. Last night he got up twice & slept for 5hrs at one point, a huge improvement from 2hrs!!!!! Fluke? Possibly but I sure hope not.

As for family etc I'm in same boat xxxx
  • I agree, no need to stop just because she's pinching. I think its awesome you want to bf that long. I wish I had gone longer. I'm sorry your family isn't that supportive. I don't have much experience, but the necklace does sound like a great idea. Good luck girl!
  • Yep you can find them online. They are great. Our doctor knows a lot about nutrition so I won't get started on cows milk lol were not calves! Lol! And yes get that book!