Infected tooth... Er help ladies

edited June 2012 in Breastfeeding
I have an infected tooth and I'm on my way to the er cause Im in excruciating pain with fever,chills,vomitting and diahreah... I'm afraid to bf my 7 week old

Comments

• Hmm Idk best of luckk
  • Bump & good luck
  • Breastfeeding is still okay during illness.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks ladies I nursed him as soon as I got home.. I seriously had a nurse tell me bf is only good for 6 weeks.. I just looked at her like are you dumb? I was just afraid the infection could get intO my milk.. I got a prescription for hydrocodine and Phenogrin the dr couldn't tell me if it was safe for baby

@captivated @homebirthadvocate
  • Holy bageezus what are they teaching nurses and doctors any more?!
  • @ashley_smashly I don't know but I felt like it was pointless... I was feeling horrible and they didn't do anything for me while there
  • That's how I felt every time I took my LO to the dr. I am sorry you didn't get any good help. Hopefully HBA abd captivated can tell you if those are ok while bf.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hydrocodone is vicodin. Phenergan is an anti nausea. If you have an infection, no antibiotics? They are both safe to take. As long as you're not crushing and snorting the vicodin, you're good! Lol. Feel better and get to dentist soon. Our mouths affect our entire body and can cause heart problems etc.
  • @captivated I've been on amoxicillin to get rid of the infection but It just keeps getting worse back to the dentist tomorrow
  • Haha yes what she said^^^
    Glad you got something!
  • Maybe you need a stronger antibiotic! Hope it helps soon! Has the vicodin helped you?
  • @captivated no they havent
  • How many have you been taking? I would take two instead of one.