hello almond milk...

edited June 2012 in Food
Bye bye cows milk :) This is my first post btw. I comment sometimes on other posts but I was reading the different threads about how almond milk is healthier and all and decided to pick some up and try it out. I am so glad I did!! Yum!! Thanks for the heads up whoever posted about it. I can't remember lol! But I just had to share. We are making the switch :) No more cows milk here! Anyone who hasn't tried it should.

Comments

• What is the benefit is it healthier? I wouldn't mind trying it!
  • I think so. From what I read on here it is healthier and no added hormones I guess since cows are injected with hormones and stuff I believe. I actually like the taste better than cows milk. I'm not sure about it being less fatty but I think it is which would be another plus!
  • I'm totally thinking about getting that instead!!
  • i always want to buy it but then i forget ! it sounds yummy!
  • Yes it is! I took a little taste being a lil hesitant and then chugged a giant cup lol!
  • @mommylovessparkle I kept forgetting too lol...and finally remembered when I glanced over and saw it by the regular milk haha
  • Deff buying it next time i go to the store I loooovvee milk
  • @salasmommy me too! I love milk too! When my daughter gets done nursing she is going to be having almond milk instead.
  • Yummy!!! I love it. I make it and buy it. I switch it up between vanilla and regular. Welove coconut and hemp milk too
  • Cool! Yes, @bahamamama4828 I believe you have posted about it! Thanks so much! I'm pretty sure I have read where you talked about it. It is so yummy! I need to try the vanilla next time! I just got the regular and it's awesome!
  • I need to try the coconut too ;)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I HATE almonds so that milk taste yuck to me but Im glad you like it. Im still a milk drinker. Always will be. Plus theres no way my hubby or daughter will switch even if I do... lol... I did do a lactose free one for a while bit I think it was still milk... dunno... I do want to try coconut though. Does it actually taste like coconut though?? @bahamamama4828
  • edited June 2012
    I was wondering that too @homebirthadvocate. I know the docs have told me with my other kids to have them on whole milk until they are 2 I believe so I'm not sure about if I can just give only that to my daughter after she turns 1. Im curious too.
  • I never understood the whole fatty enough for brains thing. That's what's in bm. Like omega 3. My kids get plenty of calcium/bit d from other foods and oily fish for their brain and cod liver oil. Haha did that make sense. Yuck at cows milk were not calves lol
  • I love mixing the chocolate almond milk with the coconut milk...I am considering trying to make it into a Popsicle with my zoku...hmm
  • edited June 2012
    @bahamamama4828 yep makes sense :) If the child is getting it in other stuff too guess it doesn't matter. I just so love the taste and I agree its so much better than cow's milk to me!
  • @ashley_smashley good idea!!! Yummers!!