@captivated

edited June 2012 in Giving birth
Wondering if you can help me with some VBAC research over found my midwife but..I'm kinda skeptic I think my dr did put some dear in me she basically told me o could harm my baby if i tried the VBAC I know you recently made a post regarding this issue. I've heard a lot of success stories any help would be greatly appreciated love ;)

Comments

• What was the reason for your first c section?
  • Preeclampsia and the doctor said failure to progress but that wasn't true.. I was dialating pretty fast but she had been on call the whole night before and wanted to get me over with. I was 5 and then an hour later she checked me I was almost 6 or six and bam she said your not dilating fast enough I wish i would have refused but I didn't know I could have sorry I rambled just trying to keep you updated
  • Preeclampsia doesn't have any bearing on a vbac! Unless you develop it again severely and baby is deteriorating. Many women have pre e and deliver vaginally. I would say that any doctor is going to "scare" you when it comes to vbac. There ARE risks, but the chances are so slim hun. You said you found a midwife? Is this the one that told you you could hurt your child?
  • @captivated I'm currently seeing both doctors I just don't want to make he wrong decision. That's why I spend sleepless nights reading blogs and stuff. I don't have high bp this time doc says its under control but she says thats why she didn't want to Try VBAC the midwife is very supportive but I'm just scared that she isn't going to know what to do in a worst case senario moment you know what I MEAN. I just want to get the decision over with I can't sleep just thinking. I read some blogs about worse case senarios and baby had brain damage I know its like one out of 100 but still scary. Help me make my decision LOL must sleep
  • Your midwife WILL know what to do! It is what she does! Hehe. However, if it really scares you so much, you could go ahead and decide on a repeat section. It doesn't make you any less if a mother! There is a lot of pressure here for vbacs, but do what you feel is right. If it was me, I would try vbac. In the end you will have your baby in your arms. same result!
  • You could do your vbac in the hospital like normal. Pain management or not, whichever you choose. If something goes wrong, they can simply take you right back for a c sec. I think it is worth a try!
  • @captivated I hated just absolutely hated with a passion the c section experience I heard my Turtle cry and he was not in my arms he was given to my husband and i had to look at him from the corner of my eyes. Ugh I'm definitely trying at least. But I'm just so scared..ogre I gotta few months to go hopefully he fear will die down
  • I still not ogre
  • All you can do is try. :) Labor as long as you can, and if anything changes with you or babys status, you can always change your mind. The risks are so slim and if you successfully have your VBAC, recovery is tons faster. You can do it! :)
  • I agree, you can do it!!!
  • @RTMommy thank you so much for the support doll.
    @captivated thanks for your help hun (:
  • Sorrry hun I posted the wrong smiley face lol