I'm desperate for pump tubing! Can anyone help?

edited June 2012 in Breastfeeding
Well my little one is 3 days old, and not eating as much as I can supply him with since his tummy is too small. I'm borrowing my sil pump but I wasn't so smart and didn't buy the tubing ahead of time! Now I'm paying for it. I'm so engorged and I'm leaking like a freak! My hospital didn't have just tubing I could get so that was disappointing.
Is there any preglys who have some extra tubing? I'd be so flipping grateful even if it's used and I just have to dump it until I can get some new tubing.
I have the double electric Medela Advanced In Style Pump.
Photobucket
Levi saying "Please help I'm not a milkaholic... Yet"

Comments

• edited June 2012
    I'm sorry I'm no help hun :(
  • If u have Wic they will give it to u. I got one from the hospital & Wic. But im already using my second set I changed it at 6 months. But here's a bump
  • edited June 2012
    @salasmommy thanks anyway
    @nylasmommy I don't qualify for wic so thats a no go. Do you think maybe they would sell me one tho?
  • Hmmm, when did u have ur son maybe the hospital can give u one
  • Im sure if u have a friend that gets Wic they will give her one. But I think babies r us sells it
  • Amazon has replacement tubing for around $9 and any store that sells medela pumps (such as target or babies r us) may also sell tubing. Hope you get some relief soon. I used to stuff ice packs in my bra when I was horribly engorged. It helped a ton. Good luck! He's such a cutie too btw!
  • @nylasmommy my hospital only can sell me the whole kit :(. I called 2 babies r us and they sell the majority of the supplies.... Except the damn tubing! Hmm I'll have to ask some friends. I can't really think of any who have recently had kids tho so thats prob a no go! :( so mad at myself!!
  • edited June 2012
    @drgonzo523 target doesn't :(! I know amazon does and I was planning on buying some from there but it will take longer to get here or probably cost me a fortune to come by monday!
  • :( as awful as engorgment is, you may just want to use the set as a hand pump for the time-being while you're waiting for the tubing to come in the mail. when i got my set for pumping at the hospital (mind you, back in the day) the pieces came together so you could hand pump in emergencies or on the go. might give you some relief. :)
  • You know. Hand exxpressing isn't all that hard. There are really good YouTube videos for it! As a temporary solution. I visited TX in March & Malia got really sick & barely ate, so I had to hand express into a clean bowl. I got 6 oz, lol.
  • @rtmommy & @caroline8_p how do I do that??
  • if you have the medela set, it has parts that actually screw together to make the hand pump. as far as hand expressing, i'd do like caroline8_p said, and youtube how. they probably have a video on how to put together your manual pump as well. :)
  • Babies r us sells it as well.
  • edited June 2012
    I have extra tubing, brand new! Inbox me your info.

I don't have the connection heads for that specific pump tho. Will the tubing be useless without them?
  • I used this specific video, it does show the actual doing. I think I did it for about 30 min. Its not that long Ponce you're into it, lol. Video is under 3 min.

• I have tubing as well! But is there a reason you're pumping? Just asking :) unless you want to be an exclusive pumper?
  • edited June 2012
    @bahamamama4828 my breasts are just so damn sore and rock hard and leaking like crazy! I plan to only breastfed atleast for the first 4 weeks. Then maybe introduce a bottle so hubby can feed too.
  • Oh!! Hand express!! YouTube like mentioned. Mine lasted that way for 3 months! Sometimes I get engorged but not often. :( I'm sorry I feel your pain and nurse often!