New test during pregnancy

Comments

• Im 50/50 on it...
  • edited June 2012
    @bettymomma You know I didnt think about the abortion part. That is true. But the test can be done before getting pregnant also, so I guess thats a pro. So Im gonna go with what @tinka1326 said Im going 50/50 on it
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • yes but even if one mom decided to abort a baby for that reason it would be a great loss...I never do any of the test because I don't need to know...all I know is I'm gonna love my baby!
  • I agree with @blessedtxmom I don't see the point in it. To me, God doesn't make mistakes, every baby is unique and specially made by our creator, no matter what!
  • I agree 50/50
  • I agree @homebirthadvocate

The benefits outweigh the risks.
  • @blessedtxmom, not everyone believes in god, so that is kind of a moot point.
  • I think its a good idea, so the parents can plan for a special needs baby. I don't think right now, with the price being $50,000 that a couple would abort. I wouldn't be able to abort if I financially invested that much money. Say, if you tried again, and took the test again, that's another $50,000. Now, I would worry about abortion when the test price and result time are lowered. Either way, I wouldn't get this test. I don't do the quad test either. I would keep my baby no matter the disability/disease. :)
  • I aborted because my child had anencephaly (no brain). I made the absolute right decision for my baby and me. It would have been an absolute cruel act to have given birth. So if this test spares a mother having to find something like that out and abort at 20 weeks, then yes, I am for it. If there is a god , there's no way for a measely human to know what he would want. That is between that individual and their relationship with their "god" @blessedtxmom
  • I think they should only do the test for health purposes only. Then maybe later on give the results of what the child looks like when it is too late to abort...that way the decision to abort would be 100% on the medical conditions only.
  • I agree ^^. There should be regulations if the price and time dropped on it.
  • @BlessedTXMom I agree its pointless. I doubt it works though.
  • I will say that I have a severely handicapped sister. When she was born, they gave her 18 months to live. She's 31 years old now. :) She has an amazing, big heart and is SO funny! I couldn't imagine life without her! Just because she can't spell anything except her name, and has to use a wheelchair or walker most days, doesn't make her any less of a person.

@AishaMusa The test works. Lol.
  • @fate have they already tested it on people? Sorry didnt read the whole thing.
  • Interesting, these days nothing really surprises me. :) everything is so advanced, I mean EVERYTHING
  • @BlessedTXMom good thing God doesn't need someone to believe in Him for Him to exist so that's a moot point.

Also us measly humans...yeah we're not deserving...but good thing that's not how God is...He wants us to know what He wants for our lives and He wants to guide us. I'll never understand why a child is born with a disability, but I do know that they are amazing and talented human beings and deserve a chance at life. I know so many stories of ppl with crazy disabilities like a guy with no legs or arms and he is completely independent...good thing his parents didn't decide that his disability would be too hard for him or too difficult for them because he has impacted so many lives and changed so many ppl and he wouldn't have had that opportunity if someone had just decided to make the choice to end his life. If you decide to get pregnant you should already have the understanding that somethings don't turn out perfect...things don't go as planned...you might have a handicapped child or a down syndrome child. If you can't handle this outcome then you shouldn't get pregnant. Love is such an incredible thing...love shouldn't have boundaries. That child inside of you. That human being has rights. The right to live. NO matter how much a life it is or has...even if it's not a life like ours. Gosh I think of my friend who has no hands...the doctors wanted her mother to abort her because she would just have too difficult of a life...here she is married and has a son and she is now having a book published on how her disabilities haven't held her back in life...her blogs and youtube videos have inspired so many ppl and she is so thankful to God for the way she is. I am so very thankful that her mother chose life. No one has the right to choose death for someone. NO matter the case. Everyone deserves a chance. I know so many ppl right now who can't have children and would be so happy to have a child like that. I don't care if you don't believe in a god...any human being should have this much compassion.

I really don't want to get into an argument...I hardly ever post on here. To be honest I usually hate confrontation or sharing my opinion all that much...especially on the internet...you don't know someones emotions. I'm not being harsh or bashing those who have had an abortion...it just honestly makes me so sad that so many babies are being killed every year. We spend so much time defending nature and animals...you kill one animal and someone is in an uproar, but you kill one child and everyone just says it's the mother's rights. I'm so sick of commercials about animals being abused...when there are so many children out there being abused...where are those commercials?! Where are the abortion commercials?! The end of my little vent.
  • @babyluv, and that is your opinion. Anencephaly has no chance at life. You can NOT live without a brain. My child was already dead so really, all the talk about god in the world won't change my feelings on that one.

I guess since God doesnt make mistakes, people that are seen for heart attacks should not be treated and allow them to die. Or a mother hemorrhaging at birth should just bleed out...yanow, because god has a "plan"...who are we to interfere!
  • Lok the topic was about a dam test its not about if u believe in god or dont. Everybody has the right to stand up in what they believe. If her choice is God then its that. And if yours is not God then ok.
    Thats why he gave us freewill to choose what we want to believe.
  • @captivated I wasn't directing my comment towards you. I'm not going to pretend that I know exactly what Anencephaly is...but if your child was already dead then I'm guessing they would have removed it anyways. So I was not trying to change your mind about anything...anyone can think as they like...but I am going to say what I think.

Correct God doesn't make mistakes. Ever. Idk what this randomness is, but I wasn't suggesting anyone not seek treatment...that would be silly. I'm not really going to go on about that. I was saying that everyone deserves a chance at life.

Sorry @CANT_WAIT93 for taking over there...I'm done :)
  • No problem. Its all gravy lol jk @babyluv :)
  • I think I would want the test {if I could afford it lol} strictly so I could know what I was getting into if the baby was sick. I wouldn't abort, but it would help me to prepare and learn about my son/daughters condition.

@captivated I was wondering if a baby would live in utero with that condition? I ask bc I was private practice and one of the docs was preg with a baby that had that. She carried to term and then donated the organs...it just didn't seem like a baby with no brain would grown while in utero...I was all confused lol