different races

edited June 2012 in Relationships
Anyone in a relationship with someone of a different race? Do u all get funny looks? Do the looks come from the opposite sex from ur race or theirs? Is it hard for u all to have a successful relationship with all the negativity u all r getting (that's if u all r getting any negativity)?

Comments

• I'm mixed with black and Mexican and my bf is full black and the full black girls I can always feel starring me down like if they putting a spell on me lol
  • emyemy
    edited June 2012
    I get dirty looks from black girls an white men lol. Im white, hubbys is black/white. But it doesnt bother us.
  • I am married to a korean man, and we do get weird looks mostly from Korean women. And the other day we got awful looks from 2 skinheads at the mall...
  • @newmomma13 n @emy so do they look at u all as if they feel u "stole" one of "their"men? Do u all get any negative comments from ur families?
  • @ashley_smashley how r ur families about u all dating out of ur race?
  • I'm mixed but I have a light conplexion so some people can't tell at first ad they think I'm white. We were in McDonald's one day I a went to the bathroom while my bf was ordering. When I walked away he said that the black girl said to her friends "they always gotta take all the fine black men"
  • Yea that's the look lol...but no my mom like black men (i'm a product of that) lol my gma loves him and is always asking for him but I feel that my Mexican cousins are intimidated by him cause all they do us just stare at him lol
  • Sorry for the typos..I'm eating. Lol
  • I'm white and my husband is black.i absolutely love when people in public stare at us like they've never seen an interracial couple before. Once i would love to just once walk up to them and tell them to take a picture it will last longer.
  • @stella lol
    @mimi36 lol @ u eating n that's y u have typos n smh at those girls...I would've taken it as a complement
  • Our families don't mind one bit. Hubs dad was adopted from Korea into a white farming family. I am really fortunate to have a very open family! As long as he is good to me they are happy!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm white my husband is black an I've actually never got any dirty looks well not any that I've noticed
  • I did take it as one girl. It didn't even bother me when he told me. It was funny. My bf said the girl was ugly as hell and that's why she couldn't find a fine black man..it ain't have shit to do with "us" taking them all.
  • @ashley_smashley that's awesome u all have supportive families.
    @mama_kat lol well I'm glad u fit right in. N tell I said he needs to hurry it on up n make it official, lol.
  • edited June 2012
    @mimii36 lol...n btw if I saw u I would have thought u were hispanic not white (that's if I didn't already know ur race)
  • Yea black girls look at me like i shouldnt b with him, especially because he is a good man lol. White guys look at me like why arent u with a white guy lol. When i told my mom 9 yrs ago that i was pregnant by a black guy she cryed for 2 weeks. But she got over it an my family is very supportive.
  • edited June 2012
    @mrz_jackson that's good bc I usually hear that black girls look at ppl n say things like what @mimii36 said n I hear that a lot of black men don't like seeing black girls with white guys. I heard it happens more in black n white relationships as well as Asians n white or black relationships. It's like Hispanic n black relationships r more approved then black n white. Idk y tho.
  • @emy does ur mom not approve of interracial relationships? Is this the first black man u ever been with?
  • I notice like if I have my kids with me its always the old black or white women that jus kinda look an u can tell Wat there thinkn that's the only think I've ever noticed
  • edited June 2012
    I've heard ppl say black guys go for white girls bc black girls aren't freaky enough...we don't swallow, we don't like our hair pull or touched during sex...ect. Stupid, huh! Lol. I've also heard black guys say black girls have too much attitude n I've heard black girls say "he's only with her (a white girl) bc he can get away with doing wrong n black girls don't put up with that". People can say some things! I think international relationships r gorg n so r relationships with the same race together. It doesn't matter to me. I've never dated outside of my race but I would. There was this white guy that went to high school with me n I must admit he was pretty fly for a white guy, lmbo....let's just say Scott could have gotten it, lol @mama_kat
  • I'm white and hubby is Puerto Rican. We get weird looks sometimes from old white people...the hell with them! 2050 lol
  • My bd is mexican and native american n im white I've never noticed looks then again I don't pay attention
  • I think interracial couples is a very common thing now, I actually read somewhere that babies who are all white and were born in 2011 are a minority. I just sit back and laugh at all the older generations who can't accept different races. Im all white and so is my husband and kids, but I have friends of different races who have dealt with this. One of my best friends are from haitti and she was dating a white guy, she always got glared at for it especially by older white woman. It was as though they would look at her and be thinking don't you know your not his kind.
  • @summergirl22 lol I know that's right girl
  • @my2boys n that's sad
  • Lol at your last long comment...I've heard all those things before