just a little question...

edited June 2012 in Breastfeeding
I've been going over my experience with breast feeding with my first and trying to think of ways to make it better so i stick to it this time. My question is how do you know when to switch breasts during feedings? Cause with my first i really had no idea what I was doing and would do one boob at one feeding and one at the next.
@captivated @homebirthadvocate

Comments

• @a_wagner I honestly only feed my lo off of one side and did with all my kids and she is 8 months and still only does I always a good supply though. However, I would say after 20 or 25 minutes unlatch and if he/she is still hungry then feed again but its not always necessary to do so.
  • Yep I only do one boob per feeding too
  • I would switch when it was time to burp. Then i would pump after she was done to store in freezer. Otherwise 10 min on each side should be ok as a guideline.
  • Mostly one side per feeding here too. When she's done she pops off I'll switch her. Usually she yells at me lol. Pay attention to wet diapers. I have to check my boob too see if its empty lol.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I did one side per feeding, then the other the next feeding. When he acted like he wasn't done, I'd just switch him to the other.
  • One side All the time here. Its the breast that is most comfortable for us he gets all he needs (85% hieght and weight). I can but three times more out of my right breast than my left. Lol I wish the left would just dry up already.
  • One boob at the time !! And my lil one seems satisfy
  • One boob per feeding here also.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I also do only one that's y now I have one boob bigger than the other, but I'm still going 8 months on the 25th. Lol
  • edited June 2012
    I do one at a feeding and the other at the next. I was told to do this to make sure she gets enough hind milk, the fatty good stuff. I was told it takes ten minutes to get to it. She is eight months now and has never seen a drop of formula.
  • Thanks ladies. I just don't wanna do anything to hurt my supply because I'm really hoping to breastfeed for at least 6 months. Which didnt happen with my first
  • I do both but hes a big baby and doesn't sometimes seem satisfied with one