Weaning breastfeeding?

edited August 2012 in Breastfeeding
deleted

Comments

• My sons pretty much weaned himself. He'll be 1 tomorrow. He still grabs at my boobs, but goes no further. I used to have to nurse him to sleep at night, but not anymore. He just lays down, and goes to sleep with no problem.
  • Yea, he LOVES mommy time. @erikak22

@sophiasmom11, I wonder if he will ever wean then. On his own I mean.

@kristaf22, even when I go to the store and walk back inside, he bolts over to me while bawling his eyes out. Like I have been gone for years. When bd kisses me, he cries and tries to push him away.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I feed my son till two last time. I knew he wasnt ready at one he was so clingy and I knew he wouldnt understand why I stopped. By the time he was two and I started to wean him he wasnt doing it often and he was also old enough to understand mommy ran out of milk.. Lol
  • Okay that makes sense. I wouldnt dream of weaning him now because of his anxiety with it. I think it would almost be cruel.
  • Im not trying to scare you LOL but my midwife friends son self weaned at 7! But the average is 2-4 sometimes 4-7 if that makes sense.
  • I'm so worried my lo won't wean. She's 7 months and I don't plan to stop till around a year... But its the only way she will fall asleep. So I am worried about that.