Jealous :(

edited July 2012 in Breastfeeding
I really wanted to breastfeed laila and my friend just had her baby and is breastfeeding so easy. I had such a hard time with my baby. Im feeling jealous right now. I wanted to have that experience especially because she is my first

Comments

• I get jealous of my friend also her daughter was a champ and never gave her a hard time. I always wish my body did what it was suppose to do
  • Awe I'm sorry. How old is she? You can try to relactate and try again. Or maybe your next baby. Some people have an easier time and more support.
  • I didnt breastfeed my first because I found it hard and had no support but my second I had a wonderful midwife and iv been breastfeeding for a year now. Main point is dont beat yourself up. The fact that yoü tried is all that matters :)
  • @samantha My daughter is 9months now. I think trying to re lactate would be impossible at this point lol but I am definitely going to try if I have another baby :)

@angie87 It bothers me so much because I really had my mind set on it before and when she was born but I went through severe ppd and my boobs just stopped producing.

@tashalou I didnt have much support either. Thank you :)
  • Awh. I'm really wanting to bf this second baby, too. I feel that since my son was early and literally had no clue how to eat, breastfeeding would have been impossible. He had to have fortified milk, so by the time he gained enough weight to try, he had no interest in the boob. Very much looking forward to it with this one if I'm able. I know it sucks not being able to do something you feel your body should just know.
  • Breast-feeding is super hard. It seems like something so natural shouldn't be so difficult but it is. I didn't have any support I Googled and you tubed everything Lol. Internet truly does have it all!
  • It can be challenging yes. Especially with no support :( I had a preemie born at 30 weeks and they tube fed him I refuse to let them give him a bottle until he had nursing down. We went strong for 18 months :)
    Dont beat yourself up about it. I had no support when I had my first son, they wouldnt even provide me a pump and they werent sitting on shelves where I lived and he had to spend a couple days in the NICU. Its always great to educate yourself the second time around and be more prepared so you can make up for it
  • @RTmommy they didnt tube feed your little man while you nursed him? Just curious :)
  • I know how you feel too! My son didn't get nursing right away, which shocked me. As it turned out, he wasn't getting enough oxygen and was transferred for surgery at 4 days old. I had to chase after nurses at that hospital constantly to keep them from shoving a bottle in his mouth when I was RIGHT there next to him, pumping madly and waiting for the chance to nurse once he came off the ventilators. (Still makes me fume!) Birth isn't perfect, and we can only do the best with the circumstances we have. You're the best mommy you could/can be, and there's nothing to feel bad about there...! :-)
  • @bahamamama4828 we did, but he needed his milk fortified and he was using so much energy/calories just to breastfeed that I wasn't comfortable keeping it up at the time. Every time he lost weight it was like another set back to going home...so by the time he was home and gaining weight well, he was so used to the bottle that all he would do at the breast is scream. If I had been more educated on the topic, I'd have pushed to breastfeed more. Oh well. I'm definitely going to do it with this baby! :)
  • @RTMommy oh gotcha! I was just wondering, my little one needed fortified milk as well and we did the NG for that. I am glad youre trying again the second time around, thats exciting! :)