stop bm supply

edited July 2012 in Breastfeeding
How did you stop your supply? And how long did it take?

Comments

• I stuffed cabbage in my bra and just kept it in there for a few days. It worked! I've also heard of a tea you drink but I'm not sure what it's called. Goodluck!
  • Sage tea ^^ decrease pumping or nursing every couple days so its not so harsh on you
  • I would like to know too I stopped breastfeeding like 6 months ago and I still leak it doesn't help im pregnant again :-/
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Mckenzie23 did you still bf/pump?
  • I just stopped. I would pump a tiny bit to relieve pressure. It only took me 3 days to dry up and I had a great supply
  • You can slowly stop so its not as painful by decreasing the feedings or go cold turkey like some
  • I'm pretty scared about going cold turkey @dra765 but I'm already decreasing my pumping
  • @sands3 how often did you pump to relieve?
  • I would slowly decrease to avoid that engorgement too :l
  • Maybe twice a day. Just a little bit. You don't want to empty it, just enough so its not rock hard.
  • @sands3 ok thanks! I haven't pumped in 12hrs and i'm using cabbage leaves
  • I only hand expressed in the shower and then right after I'd put on a tight sportsbra and stuff the cabbage leaves in. It took me like 4-5 days to stop feeling the engorgement. But I had only been pumping for 2 weeks so I didn't have very much milk... @victoriarenee
  • @Mckenzie23 yeah I had only pumped for a week so I dont have much to lose. I did the cabbage today and only pumped twice so it must be working :) thanks for your help!