what's for dinner

edited July 2012 in Food
I made pollo (chicken) ala parilla with pico de gallo, beans, and mashed potatoes (baby love to eat chicken with it) and a green salsa

Comments

• Mmmmm that sounds delicious. Now I'm hungry lol!! How did you make the chicken a la parrilla can you give me your recipe :D
  • I have a parilla I got it from my grandma she brought it from mexico. I fillet the chicken breast. Season it. I use lemon pepper no salt and squeeze lemons (I let it fermentate for a couple of hours) when the parilla is hot I slap it on there and as its cooking I put half of table spoon of butter so it can get in there really good. And then take it out when you reached the texture u like. I like it soft for baby. Then you serve it with your choice of sides ;) @lourdes26us1
  • I will be having wife and doctor approved rabbit food for tea. Don't know how it can really be called food though lol.
  • edited July 2012
    Home made cheese and bean buriotos :)
  • Dadof2and1togo healthy food for you sir
    @aubreysmommy now u really have to tell me that recipe! I don't know how to make burritos lol
  • @SalasMommy you sound just like everyone else lol no fun. I just hate salad etc and basically I'm allowed that or veggies lol. Red meat maybe once a week and either grilled fish or chicken. I have already lost like 5kgs in a week because I'm so hungry lol.
  • edited July 2012
    We are having sliced ribeye with blue cheese and onion sauce with garlic red potatoes and roasted carrots! MmmM !
  • I had skirt steak, 1 beef run, some weird pasta with shrimp, potato salad, chips, and a slice of birthday cake! :D oh and some spanish pastries.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mmmm pollo a la parilla sounds delicious:) we went to The Rainforest Cafe and I had ribs:)
  • I hate you all lol
  • @SalasMommy thank you for sharing your recipe! :) I'm going to try it very soon. Starting Monday I'm going to start a diet with grilled chicken or meat and pure salads. I bet it comes out delicious :)
  • @Lourdes26us1 I am on that style of diet now but because it is basically forced I hate it with a vengeance lol. I always feel hungry at the moment but sure that will go away. Haven't eaten at all today so will be in trouble with the boss (wife) later lol.
  • @dadof2n1togo I feel your pain, my docs are telling me to becareful with my diet to because of the history of family illnesses.. Im one of the few in my family that ARNT sick..
  • @AishaMusa with this diet I wish I was dead lol j/k. I feel like having an affair with junk food though and its only been 2 days lol.
  • @dadof2n1togo lol . .. Right they should really make healthy food taste better :)
  • Hey @SalasMommy ... no habla espanol!!!

But I would still love to get that recipe... In English please! ;-)

I'm gonna start calling you Salsas Mommy instead... LOL

I loooove me some Mexican food!
  • @dadof2and1togo hey my chicken had no salt :( I too am on a strict low sodium diet bc of my high bp. It sucks when I crave something and can't have it. With my son I couldn't get any of my cravings etheir. It just plain sucks. My husband and I went to a buffet the other day and I was at ther darn salad bar looking at him eating like -_____- lol
    @ynvtish lmao at no habla espaNol! Mosha used to called me that too!
  • We're grilling burgers, salad and strawberries. Ending it all with double fudge Brownies. :)
  • We are having green chile chicken enchiladas. Mmmm
  • @SalasMommy OK you are forgiven then lol. Mine is low fat low salt low carbs and ZERO taste diet lol.
  • Grilled chicken salads :-) maybe Brownies.
  • Down her in Louisiana,I'm cooking red beans and rice :) so so delicious. The secret is sugar! For all those wanting to make some to die for red beans,(bell pepper,zatarains seasoning,and SUGAR!!!
  • Fajitas on the grill, Spanish rice, and refried beans with homemade salsa & pico...all the veggies from my grandpa garden...yum yum
  • Hamburger helper.... I have a.massive sinus headache so cooking easy tonight.
  • Garlic and parmesan bowtie pasta sprinkled with parsley and black pepper. Italian bread garlic toast on the side.
  • And EVERYONE needs to make this at some point:

Doritos Taco Bake

1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
    1 lb lean ground beef
    1 package taco seasoning
    1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
    8 oz sour cream
    1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
    3/4 bag Doritos, crushed

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large skillet, brown ground beef. Drain off fat. Stir in taco seasoning and tomato sauce, simmer 5 minutes.

Press crescent rolls on the bottom of a 9x13 pan lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Press seams to seal. Top crescent rolls with meat mixtures. Spread sour cream over meat. Top with cheese and crushed Dortios.

Bake for 30 minutes.
  • Panda Express. It was nasty
  • Homemade chicken nuggets corn and mac and cheese. Comfort food sunday :)
  • @Molly that sounds amazing! I'm gonna have to try it!

I'm making sloppy Joe tonight!