Damn you 50 Shades!

edited July 2012 in Second pregnancy
So, according to the MyDays app...I was ovulating the week I read the 50 Shades of Gray books and now I'm pregnant! I wanted to wait a while before I got pregnant again but I guess I got caught up in the moment(s)!...we already pay $1250/month for daycare...with 2 kids it will be $1900! I know I will be happy once the shock wears off!

To the ladies who have 2 kids around 17 months apart...was/is it difficult? My 9 month old has been a breeze since birth...always slept through the night, always happy, rarely fussy. I'm praying this second baby will follow suit but I don't think ill get that lucky twice.

Comments

• $1900 a month for daycare? holy freaking hell! we barely make more than that and I stay home... ack
  • Yea its insane...I mine as well stay home from work. I'll pretty much be working to pay for daycare.
  • Yep! We pay 2400/mo
  • Damn. We only bring home 1200+ after taxes, if its a good check. That's a month. Just him working though. You can do it!
  • Good gracious! Daycare is ridiculously priced! and they do it because they know people have to have it.
  • We're gonna be due date buddies!! ( or close) i have a 9 month old too, its gonna be crazy lol
  • Yikes!!! Daycare is so expensive!! Here you have to make a deposit of $1500, and then it's around $1200 a month! Plus you have to pay for the days your kid doesn't even go!!!

Oh and congrats on being pregnant again :)
  • edited July 2012
    @Kimberly4411 what day was your lo born? My son was 10/13. This app says my due date will be 3/21. Good luck to you & congrats!
  • October 11 :) thanks, you too!
  • Ha haaaa! I am also "50 shades of knocked up" :-)) That book will get ya! I'm a little nervous too, my baby is 8 months old. However, my baby has been the opposite of yours....she was FUSSY, colicky, a lot of work. So I'm REALLY nervous for this one but hoping it will be different.

Holy smokes you guys, where do you live that daycare is so expensive. We pay like $350 a month for 1 baby.
  • Hahaha that's funny! Wow $350 a month? Is that at a daycare? I live in NC. Maybe we need to move! What state are you in?
  • congrats on being pregnant again :)
  • @OctMommy Yes, our daycare is $2.50/hour and we pay for 35 hours/week so $175 every 2 weeks at an in home daycare. I live in Minnesota. In rural MN, I'd say average is about $2.50-$3/ hour!
  • ^^^^same prices here in Oregon. 350ish/mo