How often do you feed a newborn?

edited July 2012 in Breastfeeding
The question says everything :)

Comments

• I think its every 2 hrs not for sure the hospital should of told you hun.
    Bump
  • Like every two hours.
  • If breast feeding I believe on demand, if formula feeding its usually every two hours.
  • Yay!!!! Congrats!!! Feed whenever shes hungry. Just feed on demand.
  • edited July 2012
    Thanks, and I ment how Long could i wait say if I were to be outside with her. @kayleigh27
  • At the hospital they told me ATLEAST every 3 hrs. But like pregnant elf said when breast feeding its whenever baby needs.
  • I usually got by every 2 hours at first...newborns sleep a lot so I was sometimes able to go 4 hours without feeding him when I was out with him running errands
  • When we were in the hospital she was fed every 3 hours and when we went home it was every 2 to 3 hours
  • She's not gunna wait Hun. Once she is crying for food, she is hungrier than she should be. Don't feel bad if it happens sometimes, you don't always know, its a learning process for moms too!

Feed her as often as she wants! I recommended not putting time limits, or a timeline.
  • I fed mine every 2 hrs but formula fed.
  • My son was breastfed and ate every thirty min to an hour for the first few weeks. My daughter ate every two hours. There is no waiting lol.
  • I feed on a strict 3 hour schedule from birth, but that's just me. I wake baby up if it's been 3 hours. If they cry sooner than 3 hours, I will feed them, but never longer. The only exception is at night I don't wake, I let them wake on their own. All my kids sleep through the night by 6-8 weeks. Also, at night feedings, no talking, playing, bright lights or anything. Strictly business lol. Hope that helps. :)
  • I just let baby let me know
  • edited February 2013
  • Yepp I would feed on demand until you establish a supply. My milk didn't come in till 3 days after I gave birth. Plus their stomachs are as big a marble and breastmilk digests faster. Once you establish a supply then I say every 2hrs.
  • feed everytime she crys lol aslong u know she is not poopied or shes burded n she crys its because she hungry i found n find my self breastfeeding delilah every hour too two hours.
    youl get the hang of it??
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I fed on demand. Like @captivated 's LO Ollie ate every 30 min to hour for the first few weeks.
  • On demand deff my son ate every 2hrs bf and at the time of his growth spurts 2wks I think every hour its exhausting but moms get the hang of it. GL hun
  • Mine nursed every 30 min too! It gets better. Feed on demand!
  • I fed on demand and she ate about every 30 minutes to an hour and sometimes was nursing for almost an hour it seemed like!
  • AtLeast every three hours. The baby will let u know if ur unsure lol
  • Thanks ladies :)
  • Did u have ur baby