raw food diet? or juice diet

edited July 2012 in Food
Hi ladies ( & gents) has anyone seen that movie on netflix fat sick and dying? If you haven't basically it's about a guy who goes on a juice fasting/raw diet. It says it detoxifies your body, my question is while I know I can't detox while breast feeding (he is 9months and eats solids as well) is this juice fasting the same thing? Or eating a raw diet? I can't seem to find any information saying no don't do it because of this or yes do it.... anyone fast while breast-feeding or go on a diet? It seems like such a great idea and the guy lost 60 + lbs in 2 months! Thanks :)

Comments

• No juice detoxing. You can raw food diet. That's been my main thing for awhile. Basically raw fruits/veggies. They seem like the same thing but not. A good example would be for dinner a lean meat and raw broccoli.
  • Oh juicing once a day is fine in between meals. Did that make sense lol
  • I've always done a raw diet after getting a colonic, but I know you can't do it while breastfeeding. Not only will you feel 100xs better eating raw, it will also regulate your digestive system. The lady that we've been going to for years for colonic's said that when you eat raw it detoxifies your body, and the raw fruits and vegetables act like a scrub brush to your colon, and intestines. :)
  • @ericak22 why can't you do the raw food while bfing?
  • You can do a raw food diet while breastfeeding. Just not the colonic.