Was 30 days late, gushing lots TMI

Comments

• edited August 2012
    Wow they are doing nothing and sending me home.
  • Did they SEE you??
  • edited August 2012
    @Ourlittlenugget
    Yep he looked in my eyes and ears poked my stomach and back. Told me I was not pregnant and good to go.

I have a 102 fever, vomiting blood at least once a day, no blood vaginally, my kidneys are killing me, with a migraine so bad I can't see straight.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2012
    @Mama_Kat

Nope they didn't even take my temp, blood pressure, or anything. Cause my color looks good. Wtf do that have to do with anything
  • Where did you go? I would definitely go to the ER.
  • @captivated That's where I went!!!
  • Oh wow, sorry I missed the comment above about the ER. Go to a different ER. If you are in pain they should be at a minimum giving medications by IV for it.
  • edited August 2012
    @captivated The abdominal pain is more of a dull and sore pain. I think that's why he said I wasn't pregnant and good to go. But what about my fever, kidney pain, throwing up blood. Something obviously is not right.
  • Exactly. That's why I say to go back. How did they not do blood pressure and temp? It is a requirement at every ER. You go to triage, explain what's going on, get vitals, go back and wait to get called for a room. I don't get how that didn't happen.
  • edited August 2012
    @captivated

They called me to triage asked me what was wrong put a pulse ox on my finger and sent me back out to the waiting room where I sat for 2 hours. Then they put me in a room one nurse came in and asked me what was wrong, wrote my answers on a brown paper napkin and left. Another nurse came in and asked me what was wrong and my pain level, didn't write anything down. She was walking out and the dr walked in. He proceded to ask me what was wrong, I told him, he asked me if I have ever had bronchitis, I said yes many years ago. He looked in my eyes, ears and poked my stomach and back. Then said well your not pregnant and your color looks good so your good to go, walking out the door of my room saying someone will bring your discharge papers in. All of this in the room stuff only took 15-20 minutes.
  • Yes! Another ER where they actually care about not being sued for malpractice. That's insanity!! Still worried for you...:-(
  • edited August 2012
    @Mama_Kat
    Oh triage asked me to pee in a cup. That answers that I'm not. But I don't know where he got any other answers. Sorry I'm not feeling well and now a bit annoyed. Lol
  • Wow! That's really crappy I would be complaining to a someone. That is not how you run an er!
  • @trixiesmom8 Thank you, I thought maybe it had just been so long since I had been to one maybe this was the "new" way. Like we hear with so many other things about life. Lol
  • Have you previously been frequent in that hospital?
  • Nope..that is one thing for sure is not right. They def should've taken your temp and blood pressure. Every hospital does..heck they did it even after I had my lo, they would come wake me up for that crap!
  • I hope you got all the nurses names and Dr name. Iwould turn them in
  • Wow 2hats not ok. I would deff go to a different er. Im sorry they were like that. Feel better soon.
  • @Mama_Kat Yes although I have never met him, and I have live here for a little over 2 years. I plan on going to him on Monday. Just going to try and rest alot today.

@captivated only for my regular baby check up and to have my last daughter. I haven't even meet my primary care doctor and we have lived here for a little over 2 years. Maybe I haven't been to the dr enough lmao!!! I don't like going to the dr for sick visits unless I absolutely have to.

@trixiesmom8 I know right. This same hospital did that to me when I had my daughter, they were great and we loved the staff even though they drove us nuts and we didn't get much sleep.

@kayleigh27 I got the Dr's name but not all the nurses. That's what my nurse friend suggested too.

@angel26 Yeah I know :( I am going to try and wait it out till Monday so I can see my dr.

Thank you everyone! :)

• Well I hope you get better answers there. Just rest up and drink lots of water.
  • @angel26 Oh I am :)
    @Mama_Kat Yeah I have been, I am not this use to being lazy, I forgot how tired it makes me. Lol
  • Hmm..weird. funny it shows how high their priority list is.