Vax, not vax.

edited August 2012 in Parenting
I really, really do not want a vaccine debate. I know I can't control the direction of the thread on a public forum, but PLEASSSEE pay attention to what I'm asking and try to stay with it ;) Vaccination controversy is high and I know how quickly it can veer with emotions and debates.

My Question:

Does anyone have ANY information showing, proving that vaccinations cause deadly and debilitating illnesses? Not the ingredients, what "can" happen. Actual cases. Links to children that have died relating to vaccines. Become terminally and severely ill from vaccines? Actual, solid PROOF. Not a link to an anti-vaccination website. I want as unbiased as possible. Think of it like this. If I'm asking for evidence on why abortion is wrong, you don't prove it with a pro-life website. If I ask to prove the existence of God, you don't pull out and cite the bible. Not "my friend's cousin's husband's daughter" either.

I lean a certain way on this topic, but have been researching and researching lately and I am stuck in the middle. I have yet to find a website for EITHER side that is not totally radical or biased. If anyone here has the information I seek, please post. If not, ignore :)

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but Jeanie McCarthy swears her son became autostic from some of the vaccines. Not sure which ones off the top of my head. She has made websites, books, and lots of articles about her experience. You could google that if you want tk read about her experience.
  • @mama_kat oh i didn't know. I myself haven't read into her experience. My mom is the one that I heard it from. Sorry for the false info.
  • I am on my phone, but I can link you to reports of injuries and deaths as well as the compensation program-both are by the government.

http://vaers.hhs.gov/index

http://www.hrsa.gov/vaccinecompensation/index.html

Ill have to get on my comp and find some unbiased stuff for ya, inserts mention what could happen as well as no studies have been done on certain ones.

• The problem is that once they take compensation for the vaxx injury they are bound by a gag order.
  • ^^^this is true, I have not accepted the compensation (even though we pay SO MUCH for my son)
  • I know during my graduate studies we had a debate on this very topic. There was a solid longitudinal study out of Great Britain that followed two groups of vaccinated/unvaccinated children. They were following previous studies that ”proved” the MMR was the cause of increased incidence of autism. They followed certain case scenarios (separating MMR into separate vaccinations schedules) and the findings were so profound that it washed all previous findings that MMR was a cause for an increase in autism. There were too many confounding factors to be proven otherwise. I can try to find that article in my mountain of research papers, if you're interested.

I honestly do not think you will find what you are looking for. The government and pharmaceutical companies pay handsomely to keep these kinds of things tailored and under wraps. If such findings were proven we'd have a public health nightmare.

Ok, ok, I'll stop as I know this is exactly what you said you didn't want. :p

Although, I'm very interested in your findings! (hint, hint)
  • Also, if you'd like to watch a somewhat unbiased movie, pm me for the login info. I am not sure if it helps you better understand but it helped my husband better understand when our doctor was explaining and suggested the movie.
  • I stopped vaccinations some may see it as stupid but i have read on the autism n frankly i dont want to harm my child.most doctors dont vaccinate their children there deff is something there.
  • I don't know much about it all. But I do know a family who do not vaccinate their son and he is autistic. He is 4 and they just now was having him tested. Kind of in denial when he first started at my work. But being with kids his age every day it was hard not to tell. But anyway, there is no way vaccines could have affected him! It's the reason they didn't vaccinate too!
  • @mijita, that's what I thought. Was worth a shot, right? ;) This is why I cannot make a decision. Too many "this could happen" "this could happen"....but, getting a deadly disease "could happen" too....so that's where I am coming from. Stuck right in the middle.
  • @bahamamamam4828, thanks for the links! I can't tag everyone right now! Sorry!
  • I am totally okay with links to sites explaining why vaccinations are unhealthy. Even if it doesn't prove actual cases. But no crazy, anti-vax radical type sites? Does it exist?
  • Oh I bet you do see many affected. The inserts states diabetes among others. I have a list of CDC/FDA/PubMed links.
  • Hmm @bahamamamama4828. I just feel like I'm going into a profession that preaches everything I am against. It is all very confusing to me right now.
  • I honestly dont know a whole lot about this topic. I do vax my children. I do want to say this tho... I spent 8 months in Haiti about 10 yrs ago. I can tell u for a fact that most MOST people i came in contact w had never had any vax. Its the poorest country in the western hemisphere. I DID see people dying from diseases that we r lucky enough to get vax for... To prevent us from getting these illnesses. I also saw autistic people there and people w other disabilities. To me just out of my own experience i do think its better to b on the safe side and vax ur children. Everybodys body will react different to it. But to me, ive seen what ive seen. I addmit im still a bit on the fence about it tho just like @captivated but i cant erase what ive seen.
  • @captivated ill link ya a google doc that someone in a group compiled.
  • edited August 2012
    Although I think vaccinations may possibly play a role in up and coming diseases/disorders, I also believe it's only a small contributing factor. I think the culprit is a culmination of factors such as environmental, physical, nutritional and generic (just to name a few).

Vaccinations have seriously curbed the death rate of many childhood diseases since the turn of the century. We are living longer as well, but with this newfound longevity come a host of many new revolutionary and technological ideas and practices. We as a society have become more sedentary, we have become fatter, eat unhealthy with prepackaged convenience foods, subject ourselves to many unhealthy behaviors (work too much) where constant stress is bad for our health and live in an environment where we intoxicate ourselves at ever turn.

With this said, each generation that passes our bodies have to acclimate to such stressors. These are causing microshifts within us and we only see the detrimental effects after the fact. I think there may be a few contributing factors that ”spark” lets say autism. Now here is an elaborate theory, but hear me out it may make sense to you. Given our newcoming wealth, something altered genetically within us (survival of the fittest) it's so minor it doesn't affect us. However, only environmental factors (food, stress, etc.) Can trigger a shift, but only if it follows a certain chain of events. What sort of events, take for instance a newborn child is born with said gene, then that child had an allergic reaction to a food or formula given, this triggers an inflammation response. Later this child falls ill with the flu or another viral infection, furthering another trigger. Ultimately, the smoking gun of a vaccination creates that last bomb cocktail needed to cause such a dramatic outward effect. What gets blamed, the vaccinations.

I know this is a far fetching idea, but one that seems to work logically for me. It's a culmination of triggers. Otherwise, you'd see a way higher prevalence of diseases caused by vaccinations. I think this is also why it is hard to debunk that vaccinations are harmful. There are too many possible triggers that occur within oneself and that of our parents to decipher what are the cascading events that lead to certain disorders.

I am striving to change things for Lily within my control. I buy organic when I can, feed her fresh fruits and veggies daily and most of all I don't give her anything that is not nutritionally just. I haven't introduced fast foods, sweets like juice, cookies, cakes etc and avoid prepackaged as much as possible. I tried giving her cake for her birthday and she didn't like it -- good!

Ok, I'll stop! Just some food for thought as far as vaccinations are concerned. I went off on a tangent, sorry.

:)
  • Some of these links I get arent that legit, but there are some others that show some examples. So I would totally get you shooting some of them down (I would too!)
    https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1Y2hS7WxS2gU4yXCjuYx84AY60tQc2rGXnTPPWqogOfk
  • Of course, the gov't is going to debunk anything that involves them, and you know this! I am trying to find my list, bear with me! I recently changed computers so I am starting fresh, I also have a list of books (over 30! By doctors, etc..that you can order)
  • @bahamamama4828, thank you for the help!

@mijita and all, what are your thoughts on delayed vax? Say instead of four, I decided on just one and forego the flu vax...the flu vax made him so sick for over a week last time.
  • And it makes perfect sense to me @mijita.
  • I say do what you're comfortable with. Look at the rates of diseases in your area via MMWR site, look at the ingredients, how are those diseases treated if occurred? Have your child's titers checked! If 1 in 6 children have a developmental disability with the increase in the vaxx schedule, that should tell you something.
    I have many many reasons and 5 yrs and a wonderful doctor under my belt that gave me my reasons I have come up with. Did the whole bypassing respiratory response make sense to you?