I'm back & pregnant AGAIN !!

edited August 2012 in Second pregnancy
I doubt anyone who was here on pregly last year is still here now but im back and have a ton of questions because I'm freaking out about being pregnant again and I'm like 4 or 5 months and I just found out.

If you weren't here my story went something like this:

I went in to be induced on 5/24/11 I was on pitocin and when I got to the 20th dosage I started to feel contractions... I wimped out and decided to get a epidural BIG MISTAKE the anesthesiologist ended shooting numbing medicine in my spine 3 times causing paralysis and unconsciousness. I was still pregnant. Well they revived me and that next morning for the safety of my son I had a c section and choose the local anesthia. Well after the arrival of my son I was weak and couldn't hold him bc I enjoyed him while I could. That night they noticed I wasn't breathing at 100% and in the midst I ended up on life support in ICU for 2 weeks.

My problem is that I'm fine with being pregnant but they are telling me I have to be seen at the same high risk doctor I had trouble in before my labor and delivering at the same hospital and I do not wanna go through that again they damn near killed me and I still to this day don't have a diagnosis of what happen when I was taken off of the ventilator they acted like nothing happened and it was the next day when in fact I woke up and it was June so does anyone have a suggestion as to what I should do.. I made a appointment at a high risk facility that is 45 minutes from where I live now and in reality what if I go into labor 45 minutes is far

Comments

• First off congrats! How old is your lo? And what questions do you have? I'll gladly help if I can :)
  • I added more to my story and what is lo ? I'm rusty on the terms lol and thanks @lacy809
  • Girl you arent alone! There are tons of us still here and tons of usnare pregnant again! Im currently 33 weeks pregnant with a 10 month old. Welcome back and congrats!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Lo is little one. That is super scary. I wouldn't want to go back there at all!
  • Thank you !! My son is 15 months and I refuse to go back but they place I can go is 45 minutes away and idk what to do.. The only people that know I'm pregnant is my sons father and my best friend i refuse to tell my family because I don't want them to past judgement on me for being pregnant again I'm so scared and I am so far along that I'm always about to give birth soon an I don't know what to do
  • My biggest problem is that with maternal fetal medicine you don't have a set doctor you are seen by different doctors and residents and students but when I look for a set doctor they say I'm too high risk for them
  • Welcome back. I've been here well over a year and also pregnant with a surprise number 2. :-) It sounds like you need to work with a high risk ob who can help you uncover what might have gone wrong and what may happen again. You might have to spend time calling for recommendations but I'm sure you can find someone who will work one on one with you.
  • No one is accepting new patients that have optima Medicaid so I'm like what's the point in having insurance that no one is accepting
  • Imma try because I will not go through this again and I'm so scared to even have this baby at this point because I don't want anything bad to happen again
  • I am looking into suing but I've been putting it off because it bothers me and I get emotional and cry and I try so hard to forget it but imma really go ahead and meet with another lawyer and get the ball rolling
  • Heyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!! Imma do it and my sons father is tying to help me move closer so I hope it all works out because I just found out in pregnant and to top it off I'm probably due in December and I have no prenatal care and the earliest appointment I could get is 9/17 so I'm so nervous I need to see my baby and see if it's growing properly
  • CONGRATS!!!!!!!!
  • I remember you!!!!! :) I'm not pregnant, but still here.
  • Omg...I remember u! How are you and your little one doing?
  • Hi @ebbry89!! Long time no see!! Congrats on baby 2! Hows your lo? Im due again in Nov :)
  • My dr is 45min away.. As long as you have a driver, you should be.ok!
  • We are doing great ! He is growing good and smarter than his own good that is my best friend lol thank you and I'm glad I'm not the only one knocked up again after a year lmbo !! @tootie08 & @karla_with_a_k
  • Im due Nov 28.. With my 4th. We will have 5 total, so this is my final baby.. Another boy :) when are you due?