Placenta Supplements *Pics*

edited September 2012 in Postpartum Health
I took my placenta home with me this time after giving birth. I have NO problems getting it either since my nurse was AWESOME, and all I said was "Hey, I'd like to take my placenta home with me" after rambling off a bunch of demands..she didn't even mind. haha All I had to do was sign a paper, and it was mine! :D

I didn't get to actually do anything with it until I was 4/5 days PP even though I was supposed to take it on day 2.

It took the placenta a total of 12hrs to dehydrate, and a hour of prep time. Not bad for something that I feel has helped me so much! I've been feeling really down, and when baby or my 14 month old would cry--so would I. I was crying ALL day long, and being so mean to everyone. And only after taking 12 of the supplements..I feel wonderful!

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Dried Placenta on the Left(Looks like jerky, but it smelled like a wet dog LOL) Ground Placenta on the Right

This is the whole thing ground up, and ready for encapsulation!

And these are the supplements. I haven't filled all of the capsules yet since it's a task that's going to take a LONG time, but I will get around to it. I've just been making enough to take for a day at a time. :)

I defiantly recommend this! I don't feel all worn down anymore, and "crazy" or "depressed". :D :D :D

Comments