Pregnant & No Insurance

edited September 2012 in Pregnant
I live in Ohio and currently have no health insurance, but at my current obgyn I am on an sliding scale, which takes 75% off doctor visits. I do not qualify for any medicaid cause we make too much, does anyone know how or websites I could look into to get maternity insurance? I would like to switch doctors but I wont be able to if I don't find insurance. Thanks ladies!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2012
    I live in ohio as well try filing for wellfare thu job and family services they offer 3 different health insurance companys that cover pregnant women.
    And after the baby is born he/she will be covered by medicare with the no child left behind act. I hope this is helpful! :)
    Medicid Melina Caresource are the health companys
  • I dont know if I could do that @homebirthadvocate, I have had 2 csections, does that matter?
  • ty @aubreysmommy I will have to look into that :)
  • Ty @homebirthadvocate, I have been thinking about vbac since this one is my last!
  • No, I haven't tried @mama_kat, when my husband is laid off during the winter I know we qualify, but when he is working, I don't think we do. But I am going to definately try tomorrow at work! Doesn't hurt to try lol!
  • You should definitely qualify while pregnant.
  • I live in ohio. I would suggest applying again. Given you are pregnant you may qualify or at least qualify with a spendown. Also...there are some community prenatal clinics with sliding scale fees. Not sure what county you are located.
  • Yepp like the other ladies said reapply.
  • edited September 2012
    I would reapply. At one point I didnt qualify when I wasnt pregnant but I did when I got pregnant. Its just "pregnancy" Medicaid. You can only use it for your pregnancy related drs appts.
  • The hospital I delivered in didn't take my insurance and I thought they would cover child birth under my insurance...apparently not. After the birth you can start right off the bat getting health insurance for baby and the baby would be eligable right away obviously once the insurance goes through for the baby which shouldnt take too long at all call the hospital and see if they can re bill it to the babies health insurance..
  • I live in ohio. I would suggest applying again. Given you are pregnant you may qualify or at least qualify with a spendown. Also...there are some community prenatal clinics with sliding scale fees. Not sure what county you are located.
  • My Medicaid covers just me and the baby since im still pregnant. They denied my husband tho because he makes to much. Which is okay. A few weeks after she isbon then they will make me off and it will be just for baby girl.
  • Thank you everyone so much, I have a message with the intake lady at the local job and family services so hopefully she will call me back tomorrow! !!