just lost a big part of my mucus plug and random contractions!

edited September 2012 in Third Trimester
Yesterday afternoon I got a membrane sweep.. I felt a little crampy after and my back hurt but nothing happened. Today me and bd did the deed earlier. Now big parts of my mucus plug is falling out.. I am still cramping and keep having random contractions. I am 38 weeks. I hope my contractions start becoming regular or something happens. When do I know if I should go to the hospital or not?

Comments

• @KylieMommy Thank you!

@bexiewexie Yes ask them. No tell them! Idk how your dr office is but if my dr isnt in there is always another dr there to see. I am sure any ob knows how to do a membrane sweep. Good luck I hope they give you one!
  • Yep 5 min apart.
  • @angel26 They are still not regular :( I guess I'll just keep an eye on them. Thanks.
  • Get bouncing and doing lots of running up and down the stairs, and also, loads of sex lol . I wouldn't go in til they're atleast 5mins as I try.and labour at home for as long as poss x good luck x
  • edited September 2012
    Good Luck!!! :D Go in when there every 4-5mins apart lasting 60 seconds or longer. Don't,be like me and go in when there coming every 1-2 minutes and longer than 90 seconds..I almost had my baby at home LOL
  • edited September 2012
    @cheryl74 I think I am gonna go for a walk! No sex for me I am too nervous lol.

@bexiewexie I have no texting buddy! You can be my texting buddy. Lol I can just imagine trying to pregly while in labor. I hope it's tonight!!

@EricaK22 Omg lol I am scared to have her at home. I keep cramping a bunch. And having contractions. It is so random though. I hope I know when it is time!!
  • Get on bd and ride him. sorry tmi butit should get it going.... walk lots, bounce, skip & repeat. :p
  • Ooo, I'm so prank calling! @bexiewexie. :p
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @bexiewexie; D'OH! I thought the exact same thing after I pressed, ”post comment.” LOL. My hubby needs to hurry up and get home so I can go to the gym. I'm going crazy here!
  • Go, go, go! I'll be your personal cheerleader. @bexiewexie
  • Download a contraction timer app. It will time them for you..time then even if there irregular. They should start getting regular and last long in a few. Hope it's the real thing for you!!! :D Yes, if my water wouldn't of broken I wouldn't of went in. I could still use the breathing technique to get through them..when it broke it no longer helped!
  • My back is starting to really hurt! :( its like a dull ache on the right side that won't go away.
  • I bet the membrane sweep is working! :)
  • Congrats hun, anyday now ...
  • Yayy it will be soon i bet!
  • Yay!! Congrats ahead of time. Good luck! I hope all goes smooth when it's time. :)
  • @bexiewexie Omgg that would be exciting!!! :) My contractions are becoming more regular. I just downloaded a contraction timer. They are getting worse. I have to stop and breathe when it hits me.
  • You will definitely know when its time. Its just an instinct.
  • Good luck with everything your almost done
  • @bexiewexie they were every 7-12 min earlier. Then I took a bath and relaxed and they kinda stopped. But I just left to pick up bd and now they are about every 5-8 min.. Not extremely painful just tolerable. I feel it like in my lower back butt area. Idk what's going on yet! And baby is moving like crazy. I keep losing parts of my mucus plug when I go to the bathroom. K I'll text you. :)
  • You need to keep moving, girlie! Sounds like things could be starting. :) Good luck!
  • Just be aware that mine were ok and I was a 7 when I got to hospital, it was only then did they become real painful lol xxx
  • Sounds like you are moving along and I have had 4 babies, I remember that so well every time :-) After I started losing my mucus plug in pieces with my last my water broke the next day!
  • When I lost my mucus plug (2am) I had Malia 30hrs later.

I consider loosing my plug as labor starting, I had contractions following immediately.

I was also scared to get up & go pee again, lol. I didn't want my water to breakk, LOL.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Maybe she had the baby? Or resting.
  • Hope baby is here :)