cord around neck 29 weeks

edited September 2012 in Third Trimester
I'm really upset right now and can explain more in a bit. But basically we just left the dr and I had an ultrasound. The dr said her cord is wrapped around her neck. Anybody have any stories or experiences with this so early on?

Comments

• No i but always get worried about that happening what is she going.to.do is she still going to let you wait it out? Or is she going to induce you?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks girls. He didn't seem overly concerned. Its only wrapped around once. He said he's only seen three cases of it being fatal. Luckily he does not encourage c sections but did say that we would have to if needed. But on top of this she is now measuring 10 days ahead and the dr will determine in 2 weeks if he wants to change my due date (estimated birth weight 10# 4 oz and he was only an ounce over with my first). As of right now he does want to induce early for both size and monitoring of her hb during labor (which I have no problem with)
  • Dr said he wanted me in for monitoring and not to sit around at home waiting for the last possible moment to go in
  • my son will be one month on the 12th and when I went into labor,I was already 7cm. I was already hooked up with an epidural when they noticed his hb would drop during a contraction. my nurse said "the cord must be around his neck but don't worry, that's really common" but how could I not worry? well I have a beautiful baby boy. it was wrapped twice around his neck but prayers are everything! I'm praying for you, girl! He is in control. :-)
  • @babycomingsoon143 thank you!! That gave me some hope
  • My 2 yr olds was wrapped 6x...very rare! He was born at 30wks though, not because of that I was hemorrhaging. But it didn't cause him any issues. OBs like to freak out unlike midwives.
  • Nyla had hers wrapped around her neck twice at brith. In Ultrasound pics it would look like a cord n I would ask the doc they would say no... But she was okay, thank god.
  • I'm the oldest of seven. Four out of 7 of us were bornn with our cords wraped around. Onne of my brrothers hahd it wrapped around three times. I was also born with my cord wraped around my neck. We are all perfectly finne and healthy.