can anyone help me with tips on healing after a c section?

edited September 2012 in Postpartum Health
I am 5 days post partum after having a c section. I am still hurting pretty bad. Was wondering if anyone had any tips on things they did to help heal. I am wondering if I should wear a compression waistband thing or if it will make it worse?

Comments

• I got those high support panties. They really helped cuz it holds everything in place
  • I just pushed through the pain. Don't over do it but I walked around whenever I could. The more active you get, the more the pain should subside. You can put a pad over your incision so the staples don't rub against your clothes.
  • @sands3 how long did you wear them? Sometimes when I stand up I feel like I have to hold my tummy cuz it just hurts and feels like it's gonna fall off. Ugh and I haven't pooped yet. I am scared lol. I am taking something today to try and get it going. When did you start feeling better?
  • @tootie08 they already took my staples out.. My lower tummy is still numb. Did the numbness area get smaller at all?
  • I wore them for about a month
  • It will feel alot better after you poop lol, I had to take dulcolax to help me overnight, the panties from the hospital helped me too
  • @rjr33 I had that numb feeling for months after I had Kaylee...I just realized last month that the numb feeling was gone and Kaylee is 13 months
  • I'm still numb almost 3 yrs later. Did they give you any meds? I'm not a med person but I needed them then.
  • Im still numb four years after my first csection. Just keep pushing through but be sure to rest too. I would say a good poop and another two or three days you will feel so much better, it just takes time.
  • I used a pillow over my tummy when I got up and moved around. It took a lot of pressure off the area
  • I am 6 days pp and feel ur pain. My strips fell off already! I use the binder and the painpills they gave me a hot hower feels wonderful.
  • *shower even. Plus when I move theinside hurts worse than the outside
  • Gas ex is the only thing I took. Gas pains were crazy, but scar is still healing.
  • Pillow... and moving, as horrible as it is :-) .... With my first recovery was horrific... My second I was walking 4 hrs after surgery.. I dont know why but the 2nd I had absolutely no issues what so ever... Take your meds on time until doc says to stop and dont over do it (moving).
  • keep moving! i had my csection june 2011 and the day i left hospital 3days pp i went shopping and got home and cleaned the house! i just kept going! i showered every day too! because of my big tummy i used sterile strips to cover my scar so it didnt rub or get hot and infected!
    15months after my csection i still have numbness when i touch my tummy low down!
    but my second baby is due in just under 10 weeks so i will be getting ready to go through it all again! just hope i recover as well and as quickly as i did last time!
  • The thing that helped me the most was one of those shaping shirt the reall tight ones that hold in the giggle or rather keep the fat in one spot lol. I got a longer one thar went past me scare. The pressure on it helped with the pain so much. I lived in that shirt untill it stoped hurting.

Hope you feel better and dont forget to take your pain meds on time
  • Once youve had a poo, you will feel less sore. Its normal to have that falling out feeling, i did too. Wear snug underwear, but not too tight. And take it easy. Youve just had major surgery sweetheart.
  • Thank you everyone. I got some support tank tops. It makes it easier to move around. I am still so sore. I pooped a little lol but not enough! I am taking miralax I think it's called. Hopefully that helps. I can't wait to be able to walk normally and be able to laugh without hurting!
  • Just rest n drink your pain killers. Trust me,I know what you are feeling I had to my last one was 2 months ago. Just keep your cut free don't wear tight clothes or force your self. Just relax. I toke two Weeks to get up free from my first n 3 for my last one.
  • I am taking miralax and it hasn't worked yet :( and now I think I am getting hemorrhoids. Can I use hemorrhoid cream if I am breastfeeding? It says to consult your dr? This sucks.