Masitis HELP!

edited September 2012 in Breastfeeding
My left breast has been killing me ALL day long. It's hard,and baby isn't emptying it completely. I just started to feel like crap. Took my temp and it's 101.2 =/ My breast is also really warm to the touch. I tried massaging it, and some of the hardness went away, but it hurts way too bad to push on it too hard. What can I do to get rid of it without going to the dr???!! HELP!

Comments

• Hot shower, hot compress. Do you have a pump?
  • Ibprophene, will help with inflammation and its safe to take.
  • Warm wash cloth on it wil help t drain, maybe take a hot shower and lettuce water run on your breasts. Those are things I have heard. Hope you feel better!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2012
    I know I may get judged but...when I my babygirl or pump can't get it out...I have my husband nurse. I get relief within an hour. like I said may not be for u but it is what I do. we've been nursing 13 months now.
  • Old wives tale but it worked for me.... Blanch cabbage leaves then lay in bath with them over your breasts.x
  • Yepp if she's not completely emptying it then pump afterwards..I did that a lot when my lo was little or I would pump a little before putting her on so she could get more of the fatty milk.
  • How are you feeling?