Infant carrier after age 1?

Has anyone continued using theirs after a year? My lo will be 1 in exactly 1 month and still fits in her infant seat with space. She still wears 6-9 months mostly.

Comments

• My daughter isn't 1 yet but I do plan on using mine after she is 1 it goes up to 35 lbs so I think if they still meet the weight and height requirements its ok...I have a convertible car seat in 1 car and keep the infant carseat in the other and she is in both every day
  • My los seat goes up to 22.lbs im not sure what she weighs but she has room and plenty of it.
  • If she's under the weight requirement it's fine.
  • @kristaf22 her head is way below the top
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It goes up to 22lbs @mama_kat my lo is little. She's still in 6-9months and she's 11months
  • Mine goes up to 22 pounds or 29 inches and savanah is still fine on weight but she's too long for it we use it as a spare for now tho but rarely does she ride in any car besides mine which has her convertiable carseat in it
  • Savanah would be in 6-9 month clothes too but most are too short but 6-9 shorts fit her great and some 3-6 lol. But onsies usually have to be 9-12 or 12 month to be long enough
  • my munckhin is 13 months old and weighs 18#, so she is still in one. hers goes to 35# and 35' so she will probably be in it for a long time. Not being bossy or telling u what to do but...when u get a new one the new recommendations are that a child be rear facing til 2 yrs old in the us. some countries are til 4 yrs old.
    so make sure its a rearfacing convertible seat just my suggestion.
  • edited September 2012
    @taztwister84 the law in illinois is rear facing til 2. I already checked out car seat laws for my state. But any carseat bigger than hers now wont fit rear facing in our car. I actually have my sons convertible seat, not expired, and i can't rear face it.
  • Oh wow Tessa outgrew her carrier at like 7 months lol She was so heavy I hated carrying that thing
  • I still carry my lo in it and she's 11months @starrxoxo9
  • Aww she must be a peanut! Or I have a giant baby lol I couldn't wait to get her out of it
  • Nicholas out grew his at 5.5 months lol
  • My daughter will be 1 next month and she's still in her infant seat too and she will be until she outgrows the height requirement. I usually take her out and put her in the cart when we go to the store or something but it's nice to just take the car seat out when I have to quick run in somewhere!
  • What kinda car do you have? The one I got is nice for small cars. I have a sunfire.
  • I dont drive. My mom has a lumina? Its old. It'll be better once i get my license cause i have a jeep grand cheerokee