FINALLY ANSWERS!!!

ValVal
edited September 2012 in Getting pregnant
ok ladies those who have been with me for this Journey i finally got some answer late yesterday evening--
MY DR called me back to give me the semen analysis for the BF.........
its him!
hes only at 12mill. with 50% motality
DR said "low count" is considered at 20 mil
the BF had got tested last OCt he was at 21.5
hes dropped!
hes refering him to an urologist
its a bitter-sweet feeling-- its sweet cus im actually ok as long as im on clomid to ovulate bitter cus its all out of my hands now! and on to his. DR said its not that its not possible to become pg..but its def gna take some work

@redshaoe0 @RTMommy @Janet_2011 @bexiewexie @mommyof3girls @Mama_Kat @mijita @captivated
and any else i missed

Comments

• That's great news (kinda). You can finally move forward now, praying the urologist can give you some insight and you get your bfp soon! Did they not show concern when your bf tested at 21?
  • @second_time_mommy7- not really he did say he was a lil on the low side but his concern obviously being a OBGYN he wanted me to ovulate..
  • I'm glad you got some answers! Does he wear boxers I hope lol. I'm sure you already know about that.
  • @wilsomom- yes he does! lol but he drinks!! he actually stopped alot since last year.. but im starting to think he really needs to cut it all out!
  • I'm glad you finally got answers!!!
  • thanx girls! has anyone gone thru this? with their partner having a low count?
  • Were you not ovulating on top of his low count? I personally have not but a friend of mine's had success with artificial insemination she got pregnant with the first time. She is due in a month!
  • Well glad u getting some answers I'm sure this if hard on him as well knowing how bad u want baby right now. I'm sure u know how that feels. But hopefully they can help him figure out what is going on and it's nothing serious.
  • @second_time_mommy7- yes i wasnt ovualting on my own so i was on clomid and that helped all 7 rounds but it kinda made sense why i nvr got my bfp considering his low #s. im assuming we gna need an IUI
    @jules- yes i kno. wen i told him he stayed quiet for a while.. he swore his numbers were gna go up. hes silly he even asked what does that mean am i gna die soon?"
  • Ya I'm sure I would be scared too there is a reason for everything and with women stuff like that is hormonal but I don't know why it would happen to a man I think it's little harder to fix. I'm sure once he talked to the doc himself he will be little better.
  • My hubby's cousin and wife is going through the same, he was the problem and the doctor ran some tests and he had a prostate infection, so they treated that, now he is taking chlomid to try to help his numbers! Hang in there now it will definately happen for you once he gets taken care of!
  • @jules- yes it was actually pretty funny when he asked that q's kinda broke the akward silence lol
  • I'm glad you got answers! :)
  • That would be nice if it was what proudmother mentioned! I'm so glad @mamakat didn't listen to you and delete your account:)
  • @proudmother1009- prostate infection? what is that like a yeast infection? im sorry im soo clueless of men infetility lol
  • I know they had to give him a prostate exam and that's how they found that, I am pretty clueless too lol! I know they treated that and checked his sperm count after and that didnt really help so now they are making him take clomid for like 2 or 3 months to try to boost it, but he used to drink ALOT, so its kinda a similar situation, I don't know how much your hubby used to drink but I swear it seemed like all this boy used to do was drink. He has cut down too, but surprising the doctor said when he is on the clomid he shouldn't drink anything green like mt.dew? Its so weird the doc said beer every now and then was fine
  • hey my boyfriend drank heavy and him and his ex partner tried for kids with no luck! they split and she fell pregnant by someone straight away!
    my boyfriend and me were together 2years and we both had tests to make sure we could have kids and his results came back low! he stopped drinkin from that point and just over 4months later i fell pregnant! im not pregnant with our second child and he drinks again but no where near like he did!
    the doc told him while he was drinkin his sperm was odd shapes and not going to do what he needed it to! if u want a baby bad get him to cut the drink out it defo works! x
  • @denois- really?? thats weird that you say that.. cus back in Oct the Dr told me his sperm were deformed or dead.. man oh man!! im gna have to have a serious serious talk with him.
  • @proudmother1009- well we waiting on my DR to put in a referral for him to an urologist..we'll see what happens. i did hear clomid works for that? do you know if its the same clomid woman take?
  • Woah, is it possible the baby can be deformed (god forbid) since his sperm is??
    I had a feeling it wasnt you since you already have a kid.
  • Idk why your bf has low counts but my husband and i went thru something with his male issues. His were kinda low but basically not moving. He had a vein that was reversing blood flow from his balls back to his abdomen. So thats what caused the issue it has a name that starts with a V i couldn't spell it for the life of me. We were not trying for kids yet but i thought i was going to have issues. So i talked to my Ob and he said first to test hubby and thats how we found out. He had surgery to correct the issue. They said it would take 4 to 6 months to see any big changes. I got pregnant the next month. I miscarried at 9 weeks in Dec but got pregnant again in Jan now have a healthy almost 11 month old but if you have any thing i can help you with let me know
  • I am glad you got your answers
  • @MommyLovesSparkle- im not sure?? i dont hink so since most of the "deformed ones" where dead or probably nvr make it up! yea but the weeird thing is.. he also has a 7 yr old from his previous relationship!
    @newmommie1014- imnot sure what his problem is gna be! im hoping he gets his referral soon! it maybe something small or not =/
    @jodi102011- thanx! like i said its a bittersweet feeling
  • I would be scared, but that is strange. Whats meant to be will be!
  • awesome to have answers!! now you guys have something to work with. :) yay!
  • You can call a urologist and see if he needs a referral around here you don't need a referral.
  • Dang if drinking does that to sperm imagine what it does to all your body's other cells...eeeek! I'm just imagining deformed brain cells lol :D Ha ha
  • Omg! Yay! Answers are amazing!!! Relieves some pressure off of your shoulders too... It's not you!
  • @wilsomom- right?? lol idk if drinking is the cause of that but im pretty sure it has some effect!
    @redshadoe0 i kno =) but now its on his hands.. my lil bundle of JOy is on daddys hands now idk how tO feel about that lol