Older men...

edited September 2012 in Current Events
Well as some of you might remember, a while back i broke up with my bf/bd of 6yrs b/c of his use of cocaine. We had a son together, who is now 1. I'm 21, I'll be 22 next month. For almost 2 months now, I've been seeing a good friend of the family (he's 33). What are your views of dating someone older?

Comments

• Btw, thus guy is real good friends with my dad (weird?). But he's an amazing person inside & out! Such a great dad to his 2 boys also.
  • My "new boo" (lol) is 31 and I am 22. I say do what makes you happy!
  • Go for it! Ive always thought the olser the better.
  • When I was single I only really was interested in men that were older... the one guy I was interested in that wasn't more that just a couple years older is now my fiance. I'm 25 he is 29...
  • I'm 22 and Marquis is 28 it's not big deal u have to do what makes you happy. I don't notice difference it helps in some situations because he can be more matur and I notice that whenever my friends tell me some of the stuff their bf or husband does lol.
  • Thank you ladies @Mimii36 & @1stWoodsBaby :) he makes me so happy!
  • Age ain't nothing but a number! Most older men are mature and know what they want in life. I say go for it if he treats you and your son right....you deserve to be happy!
  • I'm 27 & hubby is 31. :)
  • I love older men :)
  • I think its weird bc he is friends with your dad, I couldn't do that! Age isn't a big deal though esp as you get older. My mom is 6 years older then my dad and my fil is 9 years older then my mil. Whatever makes you and him happy!
  • Age is def not a problem for me lol I'm almost 25 and my fiancé is 39! Guys my age try and play way to many games
  • Older guys are fun until you get older yourself. Once I turned 30 I started going younger. My hubby is 8 yrs younger than me. All that matters is if he's right for you.
  • My hubby is 8& half years older than me. Hes 33 I'm 25 , I love it! To me it makes you the same age maturity wise, and at least you know the guy is good with kids! Also I was 19 & he was 27 when we started dateing and now we are two years married and have a son!
  • I say it doesn't matter as long as he provides and it's mature and acts his age. I dated a 30 yr old and i was 19. He tried to act like he was gonna give me everything but kept loosing jobs. he didn't wanna work and acted my age not his own.
  • My daughters dad is 41. Im 22.
  • I'm alllllll down with older guys. I was with a 29yr old when I was 18. Turns out he was a player, and not as mature. I usually seem to attract older guys anyways...which doesn't bother me at all. When a younger guy likes me I normally laugh and say no way!