anyone ever broken/factured their tailbone?

edited September 2012 in Health
What did you do for relief? I'm in pain when I sit, try to stand up or put ANY sort of pressure on my butt. I felt my tail bone, and right above the tip of it, there's a huge knot. So I don't know if I broke it or its fractured. All I know is that it hurts like hell!!!!!

Can I take 800mg of ibuprofen while bfing? That's the only thing I have for the pain.

Comments

• Ii did it a long time ago. I cracked it...but I still have pain if I sit too long or sit on a hard surface. Those blow up donut things really help...believe it or not. Yeah its ok....they gave me that for my c section. Try icing the knot as well.
  • Sit on a boppy!!!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @stillsurprised Where did you find the blow uo donut thing? A medical supply store?

@mrs4c I tried that it hurts to sit on it.

@gatorbob 800mg is fine then? Thanks! I wouldn't wish this kind of pain on my worst enemy!!
  • edited September 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yup. I broke mine snow boarding when I was fourteen. I still have pain if I sit for too long. Sitting on a blow up thing will help, I'd also recommend ice.
  • Yeah...you should be able to get out at a medical supply place. You might check someplace like Walgreens or CVS first though. They might have it. I hope you find one, and it helps.....the pain sucks, I know. :(
  • I did when I had my daughter it hurt to sit for the longest time. I had to sit on a pillow, I didn't go many places so when I was home I just used one from my bed.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You may need something stronger. If you get a narcotic, you can rotate it with the Motrin and it will help. Why do you think it is fractured? Hope you feel better!
  • I haven't done anything to mine that I know of but I have had pain for the past three months. I actually like heat on it better than ice but also I bought a nice big foam oval shaped donut online and it has helped TREMENDOUSLY.
    I'm afraid mines a cyst but that's only because I work with a woman that told me her horror story about when her tailbone hurt during pregnancy.
    I hope we all find relief!!!
  • @captivated I think its fractured because if I move the slightest bit it hurts so bad to the point of taking my breath. It takes me a good 5 mins to go from sitting to standing. I've bruised it before, and this is no where the type of pain it was with a bruise. I might just go to the er later if it gets any worse, and ask for something for the pain. I don't even think the ibuprofen that I took last night even touched the pain...so I may need something stronger.
  • Yes you probably do! What did you do to it?
  • @captivated my cats spilt there water, and I didn't see it, and slipped and fell on the tile floor.