17 month old with bottle

HELP my son is 17 months old and i still have to hold him and then lay him in bed for naps and bedtime. how can i break him from this? tia :)

btw i havent been on in a long time hiiiii!

Comments

• Omg your back!
    I have no idea to your question though lol
  • I still hold my 15 month old too. Hehe! Wouldn't have it any other way though, so here's a bump!
  • My 15 month old still has 1 bottle a day...trying to cut it out...but I don't hold him.

Maybe just try putting him down and see how he does?
  • edited October 2012
    @trixiesmom8 & @fate thank you!

@mommylovessparkle yesss im back :)

@ericak22 like cio? i want no bottle at all lol
  • my little one is 16months old today! hes not had a bottle for the last 3 months just has milk in a cup! also iv never held him to get him to sleep! not because i javebt wanted to but because he has never fallen asleep while being held! i always wanted him to snuggle in and fall asleep on me but no such luck:-( so im afraid i cant answer ur question but heres a bump :-)
  • No, not crying it out. Just cut out one bottle at a time. I've been throwing bottles away...so he doesn't seem more than 1, and after tomorrow the one that's left will disapear too. Will be drink out of a sippy or a straw cup?
  • A few days before my daughter's first birthday I just got rid of the bottle all together. We have a baby Einstein soother and when it's nap or bed time we just lay her down in her bed with her blanket and nuk and turn it on and she was will watch her fish on her soother and goes right to sleep! But she's also the kind of baby that will never fall asleep in your arms - she won't even sleep in the car for that matter lol
  • I've already started.my 6month old with a sippy cup my nutritionist adv it...I started with water. My 2 yr old has used a sippy cup since about 8 months old. If you fill it with water they get used to it. I don't expect him to drink out of it yet but he kinda plays with it...if laying down he holds it in his mouth to drink. Just try it that way first...like before you give him a bottle let him play with it first...then feed him.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • i told myself hed be off the bottle bt a year and it never happened. itsvrare thst hee falls asleep on his own without a bottle he has alwats been held while sleeling. he always would wake up except nap times. my fiances gma keeps saying hes fine with bottles. i will start sippy cups for naps but for bedtime i dont want him sleeping with it. he drinks juice and water threw a sippy cup. is there any ways to get him asleep with out crying it out?

@homebirthadvocate
    @sehra4177
    @bertrang14
    @blessedtxmom
    @ericak22
    @denois
  • Put a tad sugar on the tip. Sounds bad but do that in addition to cutting them out.
  • You just have to keep at it...I know by 6 mo old isn't getting too much from the sippy but I keep giving it to him...to get used to it. He will eventually use it. As far as sleeping I'd just keep to routine. Very tight schedules work with by kids. My daughter has been on routine for 8 years and npw even if we say she can stay up later she usually is in bed by 930. You could also do a sticker chart. That helped with my daughter she went thru a time where she didn't want to sleep in her bed. We broke that with stickers for every night spent in her bed
  • My daughter is. 16 months I don't have a problem with the bottle or tippy its the ha Ingram to hold her for her to fall asleep if I don't she will play around and not take a nap all day til she is in the car there I can't keep her awake, I naught these tippy cups that are 3 pieces the top with the rubber spout cause she like to kinda nibble on the rubber cause her teething it snaps ontop of a lid with a hole for a straw when. The two r together u Can turn it to manage how much flow they get eventushe got tired of trying so hard she don't drink it at night she will start with it but within 15 mins she is done.with it
  • Sorry its holding her to go to sleep, she hits me and trust to pinch my face)
  • @bahamamama4828 what does sugar do?

@sehra4177 i dont want him to have bottle or sippy cup at all. :/ i want him to have nodrinks or very little drink before bed.

@liloulou what was that sippy cup called? i havent seen that before.