worried! baby does not kick..

edited March 2011 in Third Trimester
hi ladies i am 29 weeks and my baby does not move as much as he used to...i would lay on my side and he would be beating my tummy up, now he does it but not as much or hard. he does move cause i do feel him poke his arm or something and i do feel some kicking but they are not the same....what should i do??? help! am freaking out!!!

Comments

• That far along you should call your Dr they said around 28 weeks to track movement. It's better to be safe then sorry trust me
  • Its normal the later in pregnancy u get the less room they & they sleep alot more im 31 + wks & he doesnt move as much
  • But def call dr to be sure
  • oor just go to emergency room I called the Dr I was suppose to deliver with and got a Dr on call they told me not to worry take a shower or drink water I was 33 weeks and didn't feel any movement so I went to closes hospital and they took me right back
  • thank you girls, i am gonna call my doc tmrw and see wats up...for now i have felt him move...
  • Normal just try to relax. Do everything u would usually. To relax. Urself. Dont Strees. Because you will.also stress. The baby ;;)
  • Drink OJ and you should be able to count about 10 kicks/movements in an hour..:)probably running out of room in there!
  • Hey! I went to my Dr earlier this week for the same thing! My Dr said that sometimes the placenta acts as a pillow between the baby and the stomach! He listen to the heartbeat and hooked me up on the monitor for 20 mins and she is totally fine:) I am 28 weeks! Good luck
    \m/
  • Yeah everytime I drink oj my son goes crazy in there hahaha.
  • As long as you're feeling him he's probably just fine. Start tracking movements. If you lay on your side and feel him less than 10 times in half an hour, call your doc. Start doing that 2 or 3 times a day. If the movement is regular it's most likely that he's just run out of room to wind up for the big kicks and punches you used to feel. :) if you're really concerned just call your doctor.
  • Your little one is probably just running out of room to make those hard, strong movements you're used to feeling. I noticed a change in my sons movements a couple weeks into the 3rd tri (I'm 38 weeks now), they went from kicks and punches to more like nudges and rolling.