Not herself one month after shots

edited November 2012 in Babies Health
I'm freaking out! My princess used to sleep through the night, ever since her 12month and flu shots she has not been sleeping well. Its gotten worse in the last couple of days, she'll lay in there moaning (i'm not sure how to describe it). Or she'll wake up screaming, when i go in there and pick her up she flips and there is no comforting her, she's acting about the same as she was during the day.

Could this be due to shots or is it just a phase? (If its a phase, its very scary)

Comments

• A few months ago I remember some other mommas saying their 12-15 month olds were waking up during the night when they use to sleep all night. Keegan just turned 13 months. She has always slept through the night but has been waking up the last 1-2 weeks. I think its a phase, however Idk about the moaning/screaming.
  • My lo hasnt been much different. He sleep patterns at night have never been regular. Sometimes she'll sleep all day and night. Other nights she'll wake 1, 2, possibly 3 times. Or she'll get up and play at 1am for a bit.
  • Thank ya'll for responding, i'd be ok if she got up amd wentback to sleep, but she justs acts really weird. I'll try amd video tape it here in a bit
  • My lo.is like that and it.kills me literally she kicks and hits and scratches and pulls hair, she would look wide awake but no matter what wedid we could not calm her down I.would sit.till 3-4 in the am rocking her til she did and pray that once she did she stayed asleep when I moved her, I thought if was cause I.was pregnant I would feel terrible and cry. For her to be brtter
  • @lilloulou its scary isnt it?! I was literally freaking out last night, we changed her pj's, idk if its cause she was so tired but she stayed asleep. If she does it again tonight i'm calling the dr.
    Its almost like she's in pain, its heart wrenching, how old is your lo?
  • My 13mo old has been doing, the same, alot of babies this age do it.
  • edited November 2012
    Idk if it's related to shots or not, but Tessa went through that too. From exactly 13-14 months. It was crazy. She would wake up multiple times or have the hardest time actually going to bed. Now at 15 months she still occasionally wakes up once or twice, but easily goes right back to sleep.
  • Mine is 13m and has been waking up for a week or so now at night... No flipping out but just crying out and stuff... I think it a phase b/c he didnt get his shots till yesterday...
  • I do have to add: We also stopped pasi's in the week due to him loosing the ladt one and that could be some of his issues at night... :-)
  • @kimberly4411 my lo is 17 months but she does it once in awhile I.noticed if she drinks milk late she acts like she has the worst tummy ache and acts like that. But that's just sometimes
  • I think it's a phase. It could be teething. My son is 14 months and went thru this for about a month. I thought I would lose my mind!! He now has an ear infection and woke up a few times the last couple nights. It's a rough time for them. They get lots of teeth around this age too. Hang in there momma!
  • Growing pains :( and might be getting teeth
  • Thanks for all the feedback! I just started a job and am coming to learn that there isnt enough time in the day, sorry it took so long to respond, she did better after i changed her pjs, if she does it tonight i'll record it, hubby isnt home so i am not looking forward to it, if she does it for 3 hours we may head to the ER :/
  • Just from my experience my vaxxed child did this and my unvaxxed did not.
  • Just like @Bahamamama4828 said...my vaccinated babies did this quite often and I've never had any problems with my non vaccinated babies ever.
  • I did not have these problems with my son as I did not vaccinate him until he was 12 month old however my oldest daughter who is now 8 got temporary autism affects from a set of shots she quit talking for a yr and a half. She was 18 month stop talking into she was 3 it was very very concerning