Sick 15 mo old, breastfed, won't eat solids??

edited November 2012 in Babies Health
Malia got a cold from me, and I feel bad about it.

I'm not pushing her to eat anything other than breast milk because I figure it's what she needs most right now. I do give her water though, when she'll take it.

Am I doing it right?

Also, she keeps farting.. I just realized that could be because of MY diet, as she is feeding more than normal.

What else can I do for her chest congestion?

Comments

• use a humidifier or boil a pot of water. My daughter is 16 months old and still has days all she wants is Breastmilk. her pediatrician said it is perfectly fine.
  • As long as she's breastfeeding and happy (besides the sick part) then I wouldn't worry about it. I heard putting vicks vapor rub on their feet and then putting socks on helps. Check to make sure you can use the vicks though, I'm not sure about the ages.
  • They have a baby rub but use clean white cotten socks I was raised on that it's said to draw the toxins out my lo has been sick to then I got from her then she got it again I just get kept her warm too at night would wake up and check in her and give her some medicine while she was asleep only way to get her to take it without spitting it out or everywhere else hope ur lil one feels better soon
  • You can try the baby food pouches. I know she is too old for baby food but if she isn't eating solids and u want to feed her more than ur breast milk (not that u have to just a suggestion). My lo wont eat baby food unless its in the pouches i guess cuz she likes sucking it up. And they keep her regular.... as for her cold the suggestions above are good. Ive tried the baby rub on feet with socks, humidifier as well. There is also a vapor plug they sell that u plug into the wall and the vapor insert melts and helps the babies with the congestion
  • When my son was sick he only wanted his formula and water. The doctor said that was just fine and not to worry too much about solids. He is 14 months.