anyone have a pit bull with kids ??

edited December 2012 in Just for Fun
My husband really wants a pit puppy but I'm so scared of it attacking my kids wen it gets older any one got any feedback on this ?

Comments

• We have a one year old pit and he's awesome with the kids. Only problem is he's so big that he knocks the kids over without meaning too.
  • @kimalee2289 I'm thinkn about it I just see so many on tv say there's was great dog then attacked outa no where ugh idk wat to do
  • edited December 2012
    Well, I have two pits. Blue nose & red. They are not with me now since ive moved into an apt. they r at my mil BC she has a house thats where I used to live. Well, nyla was scared of my red nose he is an indoor dog. He is very friendly. I trust him with her but I still keep my eye on her when hes around BC hes still a dog. But he knows not to hurt her BC she is my baby & im alpha. He also listens to my hubby but my husband lets him get away with everything. But now nyla loves gooch & always wants to touch n play with him :-) but we had gooch for two yrs before nyla. So hes pretty much trained. Ur buying a new puppy. Puppies bite n nibble so u will have too keep a close eye on both. Puppies like to b on their own n babies like to tug n pull so the puppy might get mad.

Not all pits are bad. It all depends on the owner.
  • @NylasMommy I'm OK wit the puppy part I'm more scared wen the dog gets older I have no idea wat to do lol
  • As long as ur a good parent to the dog they will always listen & will not change. All depends on how u train them. My 3 yr old nephew loves my pit too. He walks up to him n give him a dog treat out his hand lol. Ill try n post sum pic of nyla n my pit if I can find some. Both my pits are about 100 lbs :-)
  • @NylasMommy aw I wanna c pics ! O wow I'm thinkn a lil short pit not 100lbs !!
  • We have two pits.. They have never been a problem.. They are good dogs..
  • Haha give me a second
  • edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I grew up with them and they had the nanny personality. I love em
  • @gatorbob that sounds awesome ! We got rid of our English bulldog a lil over a year ago an she was the best ever she was deaf so we used our hands to tell her stuff she listened better then a trained dog an she was so awesome with my kids but being a bulldog she smelled so awful so I want sumthn different an I have heard pit bulls being good an protective over kids ur paisley sounds amazing I'm def gonna give it sum thought an look around at sum pups thanx !
  • We have a pitbull. We've had him since ge was a puppy and he's great w Julian. It all depends on how they're raised.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @gatorbob aw I want a German Shepard sooo bad but I'll let hubby have his pick this time lol yes pit puppy's are sooo cute I live outside of town I forgot all about that how do I find out about my town ?
  • @gatorbob I went to Google all it sed was my county didn't have any specific ordinance for pit bulls
  • We've had our pit since Feb. My son was around 6 monthsad Maui our pit was a newborn puppy. Its beeb great. I dont trust my maltese around my son for a second... hes incredibly jealous, but our pit? I dont think this dog could pop a bubble. Hes so easygoing, love him to death. Hes chewed up a few of my shoes but has never shown any aggression at all. My son even uses him as a drum and he just lies there and sighs lol. GREAT DOG to have! He loves my boyfriend so much, its like hes the shadow. He cries when my boyfriend leaves the room even if its just to the bathroom and im with him!
  • You'll have to post pics if u get it:)
  • @KayyCarter aw hopefully mine would like me better lol

@JuliansMommy o I def will!! do u have a pic of urs ?
  • He looks mean but he wouldn't hurt a fly...lol
  • @JuliansMommy he's beautiful now I want to get one lol! just gonna give it sum thought to make sure I'm ready for a puppy
  • edited December 2012
    Thanks girl:) They are sooo cute when they're puppies. You should get one. I will admit it did take my hubby a while to convince me. I didn't want a dog period. But he finally convinced me and I'm so glad he did:)
  • @JuliansMommy my main thing is the house breaking ugh I hate that an its gonna be really cold outside but I keep thinkn how cute an fun the are an it makes me want to do it lol
  • @gatorbob yes would love to see sum !
  • I do. I have 5 kids and my pitt,is 2yrs old. She is their protector.. Sweetest girl you will ever meet!!