owwwww!

edited January 2013 in Postpartum Health
OUCH!!! OMG!! Y IS MY C SECTION SCAR HURTING SOO MUCH!!?!
I'm 6months postpartom and it hurts soo bad! It burns n stings ugh is this this normal or should I worry? Any help?!

Comments

• Im 14 months postpartum sometimes I still get stings its scary but idk if its normal never ask this question just ignored it sry no help bump
  • Oh ok thank you. Yea its scary it started like yesterday night. N like I had a really bad allergic reaction after my surgery from the tape the put. And the dr said I was near infection. So im like ehhh? U know @roxy
  • 4 month pp here and had a csec. Totaly normal its the nerves that got severed trying to reconect but it hurts like a thosand knofes stabing you. My mom had a csection with me and still gets a few twinges once in a while and that was 21 years ago o.o
  • wow that's crazy with the tape. when I had my c section done I was scared of getting infection heard stories about them didn't sound nice LOL but yea I hope its nothing lets see what the others have to say think every one is zzzzzzzzz lol
  • @Aubreysmommy was gonna say nerves but I wasn't sure.
  • Oh ok. I was worried. But its passing it doesn't hurt anymore. Its just like an after burn u know @aurbreysmommy
  • Yea it was horrible for me! I had to stay a week in the hospital! . N then my doctor wanted me to stay another week! I was like "Uhhh..Nooo!" I was popping 10 pills a day! I was out of it! @roxy
  • Infections suck! I was in the hospital for 3 days getting pumped full of anitbotics and then a week on anitbotics 3 times a day
  • Mine never hurts unless I cough or sneeze laying on my back. I would at call your doctor bc that does not sound narmal to me at all. Did you do anything super strenuous yesterday? My went smooth thou almost no pain pills after leaving the hospial and I was there three days.
  • dam that must of sucked
  • Do you ever carry heavy stuff? What if you have a hernia and you don't know it.. i don't want to scare you!!
  • @roxy ugh ass girl lol! It was horrible! It was itchy n I could touch it cause some kind of ooze was coming out of it. N the my skin will stick together! Ugh no no no never more!

@perly. Well just my son is the heaviest u know. How could I know if I did have one?
  • Im not sure, i've never had one. But if you keep having pains, call your doctor. Its better to be safe than sorry.
  • ouch........ do u know what cased it
  • I get them too.... Especially when I started working out again but it's just the stupid nerves. It's especially bad now that I'm pregnant again. It's so bad sometimes that I crumple to the ground (I'm 14 months pp and 17 weeks preggo). I was in the hospital for a week too. Had lots of complications after my surgery and then got a uterine infection and pretty much don't remember the first two weeks of my sons life cuz I was so doped up. But yes, expect to get those random pains for a while. BUT if you are ever questioning it and feel like it could be something more don't hesitate to go in!
  • @roxy the tape they put on. From my first baby the just put the lil strips n from this one they put this big brown tape! When the nurse toke it off I was like what the H is that! She like I have no idea to tell u the truth but im take it off for it wont stick more to your skin!

@smcox n yea I figured it was the nerves but also at like 4weeks after I had Delilah I was feeling the same exact pain! (Come and think about it) and when I went in for my 6 weeks check up the doctor had checked my cut like of the whole ordeal I had down there. N I told him of the pain n when he checked he said that my cut was still open cause one of the threads didn't dissolve like it was suppose to. So I kind of thinking it mite be that again idk what do you think?
  • It should have healed by now! But like I said, done hesitate to go in if you think something could be wrong! I went to the ER several times within three first 2 months cuz of how much pain I was in and my fever was so high. I still get sharp pains that remind me a lot of the pain from the first few weeks but I know that it's just the nerves. For me right now since I'm pregnant again it sometimes feels like someone is ripping my incision back open. It sucks.
  • Constipation can cause pain
  • oh crap
  • @smcox
    Yea I know I had the same pain when I hot pregnant with Delilah. So could be cause like im getting fat? Lol I think so hahaha!
    @Steph_Due_101611
    Oh god then mabe its that! I take weeks to poop tmi sorry
  • I know mine will hurt if i get constipated. Im 15months since my c section.
  • Eat more fiber lady!!!! :P I get fiber gummies at the store to keep me regular.
  • N do they they work?? What are they called?? Where do u buy them? Cause girl im pretty sure If I poop a weeks backed up I will lose 10 lbs!! Lol @smocx
    Oh u are more n it still hurts probably thats what it is. Only 6 months. @Steph_Due_101611

Can u drink them breastfeeding 24/7?? @smcox
  • @cant_wait93 there is fiber in a lot of food. Like oranges. I love oranges lol. And i think wheat bread too??
    @Mijita can tell you exactly what foods are rich in fiber cause my pregnant brain can't think right now lol.
  • Oh ok!! I eat n drink oranges in the morning pero I see nothing? :(. @perly
  • Try FiberOne?
  • I don't know if that's the drink of the little bars but they're both good :)
  • I'll have to look at the exact name tomorrow but they are in the section with like metamucil and other stuff for helping you poop lol they are like gummy vitamins so yes, you can eat them while breastfeeding. I'm preggo and get really constipated while pregnant so I eat those and lots of spinach, and if I need to I also drink prune juice. I actually don't mind the taste of prune juice but I know people mix it with orange juice to make it taste better. Or you could just eat prunes (that's what my mom does). I got so stopped up at the end of my last pregnancy I was eating the fiber gummies, drinking metamucil, taking stool softeners, and drinking prune juice! It was bad! But all that stuff is pregnancy and breastfeeding safe.
  • Oh ok! Oh god girl when I clog the toilet!! Not of how much but of how big!! I know way tmi! But like no lie! N its always right after my c section so I can feel when its moving in my stomach in it hurts soo much cause I can't push! Ugh! But I've been drinking water all day today ate like once n that surprisingly help me I didn't do much but I was something u know lol srry. Still tmi!. @smcox
  • edited January 2013
    Hi! I'm sorry I'm just getting this. As you know both fresh fruits and vegetables are good sources of fiber, but so do other foods like beans, avocado, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, whole wheat bread, lentils, oatmeal, almonds as do most nuts, etc.

High fiber foods include corn, peas, broccoli, oatmeal, pears, edamame, and sun flower seeds. There are more, but my brain is tired.

Make sure to incorporate a healthy combination of both soluble and insoluble fiber. One adds bulk and the other adds moisture to help it move along easier. When consuming fiber make sure you are drinking adequate water, it's important. I know you are high risk, but if your doctor had cleared you for light exercise (i.e. Walking), I'd strongly recommend walking daily, as it helps keep things moving regularly.

Oh, and if you are not used to eating fiber increase your intake slowly to prevent gastric distress. Daily recommended amount for adults is between 25 and 35 grams per day. :)