Circumcision & vaccines

Who is keeping their sons intact, and who is not?

Who is vaccinating as dr's tell you to, who's doing a delayed plan, and who is not vaccinating at all?

And why? BE NICE AND JUST TELL YOUR THOUGHTS, THIS IS NOT A DEBATE!

Comments

• Im still debating whether i should circumcise my son or not (he's not born yet) but i do plan to vaccinate.
    As to why? Im doing what i think is best :)
  • edited January 2013
    2 intact boys. 3 kids-2 not vaxxed, other is fully vaxxed and vaxx injured. Why? Because of my vaxx injured son. Other reasons- the ingredients, the billions of dollars paid to families with vaxx injuries all available online as well as court files, all on govt sites, I've dealt with disease myself and I'm fine and some are passed thru fecal-oral and why would my kids eat poop? Lol.
    Did any of us in the green group add you to GMQV?
  • I'm planning on circumcising my unborn son (who is due in may ) for religious purposes...and yes I will vaccinate him just like his sister.... Reason being is cuz I don't want him to get sick easley.
  • My first is circumsized and my second will be too.Both kids will be/are vaccinated except for flu and chicken pox. My husband wants the boys circumsized and we've both had family members get infections from not being cut. And we just feel vaccinating is best for our kids. But think the flu and chicken pox vaccines are dumb and pointless.
  • I don't have a son but as far as vaccines I delay hep b until 6 months, I do not believe in flu shots only because if you read the statistics up to 60% of people who get the shot still get the flu and I'd rather not take the risks. With my 16 month old I caved and allowed the chicken pox shot ONLY bc they have to have it for later in life for school purposes...she will not be completing those, it made her sick as a dog so this little girl will not bereceiving it at all.
  • My son is circumcised because I feel it's easier to clean, looks better and will be better for him in the long run. He is fully vaccinated because after doing medical/dental missions in third world countries, where kids die from preventable illnesses that we don't even think twice about, I think it's wrong not to.
  • @kenzie0713, just to let you know, currently all states allow exemptions for vaccinations. They are NOT required to attend public school or daycare :) Do you know how hep b is transmitted?TThrough infected persons who have sex and share needles, etc. They have to get another 7 year's later so it is only effective for seven years. In those seven years, do you think your child will be at risk? It was originally marketed to people who perform at risk behaviors, but failed because that targeted group did not care about it. 80% of peds did not find this vaccine necessary or effective for newborns or babies. They then re-targeted it at that age group because of low profits. New mothers are much more likely to get this vaccine than the old target group. Hence...profits. I only mention this becsuse of your stating no chicken pox or flu. Thought you may find that interesting :)

As for the question, my son is circumcised. Wish I hadn't though. My son does not get vaccinations, but my daughter does. Why no vax? Benefits don't outweigh the risks. Daughter is vaxed because her father doesn't agree with my non vax stance (but refuses to do any research to support his stance) and if I did not vaccinate, he would likely take me to court and they would order me to either vaccinate or give him custody due to it and she would end up vaccinated anyways.
  • @captivated I'm going to have to look in to this. My peditrician openly told me he didn't vaccinate his children but I thought it was bc they were older. Thanks for the awesome info!!
  • I am vacinating I did my daughter she fine and healthy only got an ear infection once she's 16 months and I'm also cimcursizing it's better now that they r lil to my opinion
  • 1 intact boy. 1 partially vaxxed boy 1 nonvaxxed girl. i stopped vaxxing after my son had a reaction to the pox vax, so neither child will have vaxxes anymore.

@perly drmomma.org has some really good info if your not decided to keep him intact yet! :)
  • @EricaK22 thank you! I'll be looking into it.
  • No problem @kenzie0713. Less than 1% of hep b cases are in children. Glad you were receptive to the info and will do your own research! I love it when people take initiative to look into things further for their children's benefit. They depend on us to make informed choices for them! Regardless of what you decide, at least it is INfORMED. Much respect to you for that!
  • I circumcised and vaccinate my children
  • Circumcised and vaccinated . My husband was for the circ I was not but I don't have one and he does so he won that argument.
  • Levi is circumcised and vaccinated. Obviously there is always a chance of something to go wrong whether you do it or not.
  • edited January 2013
    I have a 17 month old and vaccinate. Majority of people vaccinate which is why you don't see a lot of cases of polio, hepatitis, and many other viruses.
  • My son is circumsised and both kids are vaxxed. I persoanlly believe that the only reason why diseases are gone is because of vaccines...just personal opinion
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.