Peacocks *group has been changed from secret to closed so new members can request*

edited March 2013 in Just for Fun
I have created a facebook group for any mothers who would like to join! I needed a safe place to be able to go to for support, rants, discussions etc. My rules are minimal and everyone (minus those who like to launch personal-ashley attacks) is free to join. Admissions will never be closed and members will not be deleted for inactivity, etc. I only ask to keep free of personal attacks and to keep member's privacy within the group. You can search it under Peacocks. There is no micro management within the group. I consider the group everyone's group, not "mine". Please join ladies!

Comments

• Hmm I've never got into these groups, but I like the sound of this one.
  • Wow, a group I'm not automatically deleted or banned sounds nice.
  • @natashalynn, it would be great to have you! I've been members of all/most groups, but would be deleted for the most asinine of reasons. I wanted to create a group for a while, but there were so many that I didn't want to cause any drama. My group is in no way a "competition" against any others. I don't care what other groups my members are a part of! I just needed my own place with a bit less amount of rules. I feel we are all adults and i do not need to exert my will or power trip over other members/mothers/adults.

@mathair, definitely not. When I was an admin of a previous group, nothing would irk me more than being told I had to delete someone who was "inactive". What if they enjoy lurking? What if they don't feel safe or "popular" enough to post? What if they are just BUSY? Lol. I wont be deleting any members because of this or because i "dislike" them. Anyone getting deleted would have legitimate reasons and be notified/warned. I am NOT going to police adults!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It's called mothers unite. It has a fist as an icon. Let me try to put up a link. I haven't changed the name yet! @homebirthadvocate
  • Ok I clicked to join! I think got kicked off of preglys FB because I guess I wasn't active enough..sorry I'm not going to do post after post and like everything I see!
  • No problem @Kayleigh27! You won't be deleted for inactivity or failure to introduce yourself here in the group!
  • I requested to join! Our groups sound super similar as far as minimal rules and not getting kicked out for inactivity. Yay for positive groups!
  • @kjackmom, I thought it was so funny when I came across your post because we had JUST created the group. I was like, damn, should have waited!
  • LOVE THIS!!!
    I hated how i got deleted a few times from the other group for inactivity!
    With having 2 babies working and doing stuff with my family i dont have time to go on every day and post all the time :)
    And my life isnt to exciting where i have something to post about everyday lol
  • Yay love this. I posted something funny in another group and got 3 whole comments but was deleted for being inactive 3 days later lol no one could remember me posting..how sad is that.
  • @1stwoodsbaby join this group! So I can delete the other we're both on lol
  • I'm glad you ladies like it! I was worried I wouldn't have many members and it would be dead, but It's extremely active now! Very proud of the results!
  • @mackenzies_mama2010, I personally think it is self absorbed to delete people for inactivity. The paranoia of some of these women is crazy! Not everyone has no life to be able to consistently post in Fb groups!
  • I requested to join but haven't been accepted yet :-(
  • I am mobile so waiting on Jennifer to approve you ladies. @kjackmom
  • Thank you! I was added :-)
  • I Asked to join
  • :) I never thought I'd join one of these haha
  • I love the fact that I won't get deleted for inactivity! I got removed from one group after 4 days and I commented at least daily. I don't always have time to be online and keep track if I have posted enough. Thanks!
  • Yay! I'm gonna put in a request as well. :)
  • Well I'm glad you did @natashalynn
    @jaxmommy81011, that is definitely my reason for not having that outrageous "rule".
    @3rdtimwpreg, great!
  • I requested! I'm not a real active poster, but I post when I can.
  • O my gosh yay'!! @wilsomom I think you're the greatest :) :X
  • I've never even been accepted by these groups. I used to be Fb friends with a few preglies but while I'll "censor" my thoughts and opinions here or on other peoples Fb posts I will not do so on my own. These ladies were not very happy about that so I was deemed unfriendable or something and everyone deleted and blocked me.
  • Requested
  • @mathair, your personal Fb is your own. No one has the right to tell you what's acceptable there and I think that is utterly ridiculous. So long as you're not posting somwones personal info from the group there, I don't see any issues.

Ps. I've been deleted for same reasons.