BREASTFEEDING NEW BORNS update help

edited February 2013 in Babies Health
a friend of mine ask y is her baby getting constapated when all she does is bf ladies help I for got the thing I can remember it might b wat u eat

NOTHING WRK SO DR. SAID STOP BF AND GIVE BABY FORMULA THE PURPOLE ONE NOW HER BABY IS POOPING AND NOT FUSSY BUT NOT HER BOOBS HURT AND SHE DNT KNOW HOW TO STOP HER MILK WHAT TIPS CAN I GIVE HER I TOLD HER

Comments

• Yes eating certain foods can cause constipation in her baby.
  • My daughter didn't go for the first week and still 2 weeks later she is constantly spitting up and it hurts her to pass gas and poop plus she won't burp...I would love to know what these foods are!!
  • she said she's been drinking lots of juice not much water I told her she needs lots of water
  • Water is KEY
  • I would cut the juice and get the water! And she can get a list of foods not to eat too. But water keeps with supply as well so.
  • Is she sure her baby is constipated? My son would go a week without pooping because breastmilk has very little waste so they don't poop as much as formula fed babies.
  • @jules she said she well be cutting out juice
    @benjaminsmomma shes a ftm so she dnt know much

she says hes fussy and shes fustrated hes like pushing she dnt know what to do
  • she said she used supository it help him poop but he got constipated again
  • she also said shes been driking alot of milk these past days @benjaminsmomma
  • breastfed babies can go up to 14 days without having a bowel movement, so her using suppositories on the baby is not good. baby is too young for those. he probably has gas if he's pushing.
  • That's good. I hope her little one feels better soon!
  • @EricaK22 k ill tell her can u eat beans
  • you can eat whatever you want while your breastfeeding. there's no foods you have to eliminate
  • @EricaK22 her baby is 3weeks
  • @EricaK22 as long as u add water also or what cause my son also had gas/ colic cause i drank soda
  • Have her try cutting dairy for 2 weeks and see if that helps.
  • and i also heard some people had to watch out for dairy
  • @EricaK22 she said when they gave her baby that he pooped and he seem releaf
  • i dont really drink a whole lot through out the day, but i do drink soda, milk, juice and some water, and my baby is 5 months old and bf and she does get gas, but it doesnt seem to bother her now. her baby is young, so any amount of gas will bother him no doubt.
  • but she can cut out dairy and see how it helps. i dont really eat a lot of dairy because it bothers me, and gives my baby some of the smelliest farts ever.
  • @EricaK22 Im thinking once baby's get older it dnt effect them what we eat only when there small. cause I dnt drink water at all now and my sons fine but when he was small it was a big effect
  • it's definitely probably something she is eating. Quit dairy, and any soda. Lots and lots of water. Levi always was fussy after I had garlic y type foods or this certain pizza. Also I read that beans and broccoli can upset Babys tummy. I'm surprised a Dr would say not to breastfed.
  • @LeviLuv8 I told her it has to b something she's eating and I was surprise her Dr. made her stop but she did and now she needs help stopping her milk which I dnt have advice to give her I'm still bf have stopped yet
  • If I were her I wouldn't stop at all. Maybe a few says and pump to bring her down. But there is no reason baby shouldn't be able to get back on. Or has she just tried pumping and feeding with a bottle?
  • @LeviLuv8 she said she tryed the bottle and still no help and every since she's been on that formula its been working so I'm sure her mind is made up
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @HomeBirthAdvocate I told her about the cabbage but what do u mean raw
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.