extremely bad diaper rash (help!)

edited February 2013 in Babies Health
My daughter Delilah has a extremely bad diaper rash. I need to know what to put or to do.
I change her diaper as soon as I know she is pooped I always put diaper cream even thought she doesn't have one. Idk how it got so bad so fast. She has been pooping watery but I think its the antibiotics I am giving her.
But I really do need help its like a blister. And it hurts her even when I wipe her but I have to! Idk I need help please.

Comments

• bag balm is a miracle worker! a and d ointment is great too.
  • My son has never been like that but my friend had to take her daughter in cuz it only got worst. I don't know what they prescribe her daughter but they also told her to change her as soon as she pees and also every hour even if she hasn't goneew and don't wipe just dab and not use wipes . Sorry cant be more help
  • If its yeast which sounds like it is you will need an antifungal cream like for athletes foot.
  • edited February 2013
    My Daughter got bad one before and the powder in the bath always does the job! And don't use the cream just use powder I learned the trick is keep everything dry even if she can maybe go without diaper for like 10 minutes if u can't go longer.
  • edited February 2013
    If it's so bad you can't wipe her you can dip her bottom in a small dish pan of warm water then pat dry. And letting her go without a diaper as much as possible like @jules said. Idk how old she is but if she can lay on a towel naked to get air to it might help.
  • Calmoseptine works wonders. My pharmacist recommended to us when Robby was teething really bad and would get diareaha .
  • My son was like that. Could be something u need to see a pediatrician for. I was told instead of wiping, to hold baby's bottom under running water like in the bath to clean them then let airdry before diapering. She might need a prescription ointment it wouldn't hurt to go in.
  • I used cornstarch during changes and chamamile tea in her bath on Lilium and it works wonders.
  • Whatever you do don't use wipes! They all pretty much contain a small percentage of alcohol and that causes burning and irritation.

Cornstarch bath works and desitin.

It's important to wash her but and pat dry for every diaper change.
  • Oh ok thanks girls! I have been the stupidest thing I've been wiping. Idk I wasnt supposed to. But now I know better. This morning it was better but there was still a lot of crying during diaper changing. I did the cornstarch with my son with a minor diaper rash. And it went away FAST!
    And she has diarrhea for the same reason she is teething. Its been water like but it was like that for a couple of hours cause now she has a bit thicker she is also 7months.
    @monkey_girl
    @Máthair
    @adriens_mommy
    @crystaldawn0830
    @Wilsomom
    @jules
    @Bahamamama4828
    @angie87
    @musicmomma
  • Just a side note...on the small chance that it is yeast, cornstarch serves as a growing agent for yeast..if its getting better with it though, no worries! Hope she feels better soon!!
  • Oh and also you can try a chamomile bath
  • clean her with a wet warm wash rag no soap, pat dry and allow to air dry, then put a thin layer of diaper rash ointment Oh whatever barrier method you use, follow up with ARGO Cornstarch off of the baking aisle it's in a yellow box With blue on it.

This works miracles! to help the watery poop give her white rice.

you can also put FRESH aloe on her bottom

GOOD LUCK
  • how's baby's bottom?
  • Aww thsnk u for remembering she's fine now. I put a bit of anti fungal cream and by the next day. ITS WAS GONE! LOL thank you so much for your and everyone's help! @soon2b3
  • Butt paste is great too!
  • Aquaphor is the ONLY thing that helped my lo and I tried them all. You can also mix it with Maalox in a plastic container and apply that to their bum. The Maalox is supposed to help cut the acid in the poo. I would also lay her on doggie pee pads with no diaper to get air. You could just use a towel too, in case the baby pees without the diaper. If it is a yeast infection all those diaper creams can make it worse because of their ingredients. I see you used an antifungal and it helped so I am guessing that is what it is.