did anyone here bf over a year?

edited March 2013 in Breastfeeding
I breast feed for 15 months with my son hes now 18 months old and im still producing milk a little and i just found out im pregnant again will i dry up eventually or keep producing until i have my 2nd baby

Comments

• It depends on your body but usually your supply decreases while pregnant.
  • My second I did until 18 months and my third I currently am and she's almost 17 months and doesn't plan on stopping anytime soon lol. But yes, you'll eventually dry up. It took my mom 4 years to dry up and that's rare!
  • But it more or less changes into colostrum btw.
  • my son well b 17 months still bf sry no help still going at it
  • I also breastfed past a year. When I got pregnant during breastfeeding, my supply instantly dropped every time. It is likely that your supply will suffer during pregnancy, but some mothers manage to continue EBF during their entire pregnancy.
  • My now 8 year old was breastfed till about 16 months, until she lost interest. My now 6 year old till about 16 months as well. My 11 month old is still being breastfed, I am also in my 29th week of pregnancy.
  • I'm still currently nursing my 17 month old.
    I'm not currently pregnant though.

Fun fact, it has been known that some woman, once they have lactate and nurse can produce milk for many years after they have stopped nursing. I'm not sure if they continue after menopause though.
  • I'm still nursing my 16 month old and 11 weeks pregnant. She nurses constantly and throughout the night so I think that Is the only reason my supply hasn't gone down. I do have to force myself to drink tons of water and eat even when I feel too sick to. There are times when dd looks at my boobs as if the milk tastes different, but she doesn't seem to mind. I don't see her stopping any time soon.
  • I kinda feel bad that i stopped at 15 months but he only wanted it at night time so i stopped him i should have went longer
  • I have let my children wean themselves when ready as well.
  • I did until she was 16 months old. She is now 17 months old. We were trying to get her into drinking the soy milk, so we stopped a feeding every few days. I am not pregnant, but milk will come out if I squeeze my nipple. My doctor said I could always do that even now that my milk has dried up.