What's a great method to help babies sleep?

2»

Comments

• @wilsomom yes I do same let her sleep only few hours at time during the day but at night I never woke her up if she woke up while she was still tinny I would feed her but she was sleeping through the night by 3 weeks I really think it was BC of routine :) now she's 16 months tom and goes to need at 8pm perfectly happy no crying at all :) and wakes up between 9am to 9:45 lately think she's growing. And she's naps 2 times during the day but I stay super busy with her and she's naturally busy body like me lol. But in good way she's not inpatients or cranky or anything she can sit still if I need her to like grocery shopping or something.
  • edited April 2013
    @wilsomom has a great method! I just don't recommend it for myself because I nurse and feeding schedules hinders supply . Ugh I wish my kids were on a schedule lol my 10 yr old is the only one! And when I tried with my other 2, they end up waking up after 3 hours at night (trust me, I stuck to it too!)
  • I stopped letting my 17 months old nap for anymore than 45-minutes to 1 hour. Put him in a bed instead of that crib and he sleeps now. I lay down with him at night n cuddle but that's it.
  • @jules You were probably doing what I do you just didn't know it! Lol :) that's awesome, 3 weeks!

@Bahamamama4828 Thank you. :) I have a friend who did it with breastfeeding, but I'm sure each person is different with supply. Since I can't breastfeed it works great for me.
  • Does she have a night light? When we were switching our lo into her crib from her pack n play when she was 4m. We were leaving the hall light on, but she wasn't sleeping through the night any more. We got her a night light and turned the hall light off and she started sleeping through the night again. We also have a bedtime routine down as bath, she gets lotioned, and then her and I lay in our bed until she falls asleep. It's what works for us since we stopped nursing to sleep. We eat a late dinner so she doesn't get anything to eat before bed. She is now 17m.
  • @Wilsomom ya sounds like it I just follow her well for most part I think they tell you when their getting tired and I think it's good to have the routine that way they don't get soo tired that they have hard time falling asleep if that makes sense lol :)
  • @jules yeah I think routine is key. :)
  • @wilsomom i might need more info about this routine lol. Im about to pop and it would be great to have this baby sleeping through the night at 6 weeks. Im gonna be breastfeeding but i also bought a pump, so i can get into a routine of pumping as well so my supply is not affected.
  • I think I already explained it in another post, let me check & I'll tag you. @perly
  • Schedule! That's all I can say. Have a set bedtime schedule and routine.
  • Thank you ladies.
  • @Wilsomom the baby whisperer uses the EASY routine - eat activity sleep you time! It's great, and her bedtime method worked great for me too! X
  • @littlenat86 I'll have to check that out, it sounds like an updated modern version of what I do. Thanks!