what position did u deliver your baby?

Comments

• @Jules, yep! It all boils down to your persuasiveness and the anesthesiologist. They can alter their cocktail so that your aren't completely numb and are better able to do another position. They will have people assist as well.
  • ^^^^walking epidural
  • @captivated well I know that the guy I had was a friend and coworkwer of one my best friends whose been delivery nurse for 25 years and he only had it dripping tinny bit I'm super light weight in general and with medicine and alchohol and caffeen u name it. Like technically I should have like 3 ibuprophines and I take one and it works like magic I actually still take kids cold medicine whenever I'm sick. But I know what u mean controled amount can still leave room for movement and strenght in the legs and the nurses can help too :)
  • I just read up on walking epidurals and pretty much they do not enable a mother to walk around, they just leave a bit of sensation so that she can feel the urge to push, and maybe stand by the bed with assistance. I think this would be a good option to ask drs about but I also read that not many hospitals offer this. Idk but I will definitely be discussing this topic next Thursday at my monthly appointment. Im really glad I posted this on pregly because now I will be going into the dr with an idea of what I want rather than asking if there is such think as this or that and getting a flat "no" out of their convenience (which I feel like I have to watch out for with this pregnancy center im going to)
  • I had a 7 pound 11 posterior 29hour labour on my back very small tear no stitches. And a 9 pound 12 5hour labour she almost fell out, almost no pushing involved, on my knees leaning on the bed, no tear at all.
  • I actually wasn't talking about the walking epidural. Most hospitals don't offer them anyways. My anesthesiologist did this with me and it was not a walking epidural, but it allowed me to still feel most everything and be able to move around, lift my legs on my own etc.
  • I tried multiple positions with my first but ended up on my back because it was most comfortable for me. I didn't even try another way with my second because I remembered being so uncomfortable every other way with my first
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @HomeBirthAdvocate have u ever heard of women doing enemas a home before going to the hospital to have a baby? I asked my dr about getting one when I am in labor because I really dont want to poo on the table and she said they dont do that anymore but I could do my own?
  • I'm not HBA, but it is perfectly fine to do an enema at home. I did it with both my children :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I had an epi and delivered on my side with a nurse holding my leg. I will hopefully deliver this one that way also.
  • @captivated is there something you buy from the store to do it? How do u know when is the right time before you go to the hospital
  • I had trouble, always have, with constipation. You just buy a regular fleets enema from any store like Wal-Mart, target, or pharmacy. As for the right time? Im unsure. If you think you are in the beginning stages of labor, you could do it or if youget induced, can do it the evening prior.

You will lay on your left side on bed and insert the applicator in and squeeze the fluid in. Try to retain for about 2-5 minutes and go to the bathroom. It can cause some pretty bad cramping, so dont be surprised!
  • edited March 2013
    @Captivated ohh k thank u! I know it sounds stupid but one thing I've been stressing over is doing a vbac and going #2! The nurses and dr may not care or be phased but I would and I know I would be.thinking about it with every push you know? Im glad I can do something about it myself if the hospital wont
  • @adriens_mommy Also, if you're worrying about it the whole time, it can slow your labor because you're subconsciously tensing up your pelvic floor rather than releasing it & opening up. Lol
  • @Wilsomom that's exactly what I feel would happen I know myself I know how I am lol I I just want to focus on a beautiful healthy birth and no stinky mess. My boyfriend will most likely want to look down there and watch and I dont want him to see that come out along with his new baby girl!
  • I totally understand. I was told the same things and while it is very true that they don't care and see it every day, it is still embarrassing to think of.Was also told that once you're in labor, you're not going to even think about it....WRONG!

You're talking to the girl that showered, shaved, did makeup and flat ironed her hair while in active labor and contractions less than 3 min apart. Lmao. I was pushing and they kept telling me to actually bear down and I screamed, "i can't!! I don't want to poop!!!" Bahahaah.
  • @adriens_mommy , I always forget to tag.
  • @captivated that made me laugh! I will probably be the same way when I go into labor as long as im able. I plan to actually go get a wax done down there when im close to my due date just so I have more time to get everything else ready haha. I remember how my sons birth was emergency so I looked like crap no makeup frizzy hair and the pics my mom took of me are so horrible! But I keep them because they are my first moments with my son but man I wish I looked a little more put together so I could show other people lol
  • I was lucky I went in when I did! Lol. My vanity could have caused me to deliver at home or the side of the road. I gave birth within an hour or so of getting to the hospital! Haha, @adriens_mommy
  • @captivated oh my gosh lol but Im sure you looked good in your pictures :)
  • Bahahaa! I looked like crap!! @adriens_mommy
  • @captivated There's no way you looked like crap, you're gorgeous all the time!
  • Righhht! Have you seen me without makeup??

@wilsomom
  • @captivated lol no, but you're too hard on yourself. :)
  • I actually took my makeup bag to the hospital and touched up my makeup half way through labor, before pushing of course so I still ended up looking like crap in my pictures.
  • @ExcitedForOctober I had my makeup with me too for my first, but I was there for a week before having him so id do my makeup in the morning before the daily visitors and wash my face at night. We were planning a scheduled induction so I had it all planned out and didn't expect to be woken up by nurses to deliver him in the middle of the night lol. I learned not to base anything on how I am planning the birth to be lol
  • I had an epi and birthed on my back. When I got to the hospital I was already at a 5. I had her 5hrs later. I only tore a little bit. I was like @jules tho. I had no control over my legs, so I couldn't have held myself up. My recovery was easy, no problems.