Diarrhea for over 2 weeks. Help

edited April 2013 in Babies Health
Makenzie has had diarrhea for over 2 weeks now. Took her to the doc and they did a few tests and everything came back Negative. She isn't teething anymore the doctor said the only teeth she doesn't have are her 2 year molars (she is 16 months) No fever and she isn't crabby or anything.

There is food in the stool and I told the doctor this and she thought it was rotavirus but the test came back Negative. I am going to call her doc and see if I can get her in again but I thought I would see what you ladies thought it might be.

Personally I think she is having issues digesting or its the food at her preschool (Sysco mainly) but she has been going to school since November and it just started.

Comments

• Is she still undergoing chemo?
  • No not since August. She gets put under to have the tumors lasered now and she had diarrhea for a week before she her last eye treatment on the 9th (before then she hadn't had one in 2 months) And she has been going under about ever 2-3 weeks since she was 4 months old so I don't think that is it. idk what is going on :-(
  • My daughter had the rotavirus. She was throwing up also. Hope you can figure out what's causing the problems.
  • Oh poor thing maybe the treatment did something since it's been soo long and it's causing issues with digestion like u said. I hope they can figure it out.
  • She was tested for rotavirus didn't have it. She always swabbed her butt and whatever they did that for came back neg also. I called today and she want to do another stool sample to test for parasites.
    She has fruit in her stool so I cam going to take fruit out of her diet for a day or do and see if the diarrhea stops. She mainly eats fresh fruit at home and if it is canned its in 100% juice. Idk why fruit would all of a sudden make this happen but idk what else to do. I figured if I keep cutting things out of her diet until it goes away maybe I can narrow it down.
  • @Bahamamama4828 I messaged you back
  • Anytime my son eats canned fruit or fruit cups, it comes out in his poop. I think that part is totally normal. Happened with both my kids.
  • Its so weird though. Her doctor said that her stomach should be able to break that kinda stuff down.
  • My son hardly chews his food, so I think that is a big reason as well. Only happens with fruit though! I get to see nice almost whole cherries in his Poopy diapers!
  • Lol Makenzie doesn't always chew either and idk why fruit is the only thing that doesn't break down. IM going to ask the doctor ill let ya know what they say
  • Is it only the canned fruit? I wonder bc canned fruit is cooked & it doesn't digest the same as fresh.
  • No its with fresh as well. I have cut out Fruit from her diet starting tonight and im going to see if her poo gets better.
  • So after a day work NO FRUIT at all. Makenzie's poo is back to normal... I am going to give her fruit with dinner tonight and tomorrow with breakfast and see if her poo goes back to the way it was again. I want to test it before I tell her doctor about it. I was looking it up on the internet and this is what I found.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fructose_malabsorption
  • That's interesting. Some people say you shouldn't eat fruit with anything, especially protein, so maybe you could try giving her fruit by itself once & see if that makes any difference.
  • Yeah I will have to try that. But then again all the nutritionist say to have so much of it at every meal. Idk anymore lol
  • I know, there's so much conflicting information out there it's like you don't know what to believe.