when did you...

edited April 2013 in Ages & Stages
When did you switch to a toddler bed, my 18 mo can climb out of the crib, but I feel like hes still to young for the big boy bed?

Comments

• Around 2 1/2-3. I keep them in until they climb out. Lol. Easier for me. Also because my sons room doesn't have his dresser anchored to the wall yet.
  • He isnt too young! I know many ladies who switched at that age.
  • I switched at 16 months
  • I just switched my daughters today actually! She is 17 months old.
  • So my question is did your lo stay in bed or just get up @mimii36 and @LilliansMom
  • I did it at 12 months. But instead of a toddler bed I did a full size bed with generic rails.
  • Lots of people switch around 18 months.
    I want to switch, my daughter is 18 months, but she has never made an attempt to climb out of her crib, so ill keep her in that until she decides to try to escape.
  • I switched my son at 21 months. I figured if i got him a car bed he'd sleep in it. Sure enough he's out of our bed finally lol
  • Mine will be two in July and still stays in the crib I have a video monitor so when I see him trying to climb out I day no through the door but that's only happened 3 times.
  • Last night actually didn't go as bad as I thought it would. She got up once and I just walked her back to her room and she went right back to sleep! So I'm hoping tonight she won't get up at all.
  • Madison is 18m and we're doing it next week, still have to attach her dresser to the wall and get a bed rail. My mom thinks I should keep her in the crime until 3, smh she needs to learn independence
  • I think im going to go ahead and do it on sunday and see how it goes
  • Be careful with any rails! My daughter's bed came with slatted rails and she broke her leg trying to climb over it in the middle of the night.
  • @Mythica was the rails the ones that came with the crib to turn it into a toddler bed?
  • No, its a wooden toddler sleigh bed from walmart

@3rdXsacharm
  • edited April 2013
    My friends son broke his leg in his crib during the night. Had no idea how it happened, he just couldn't stand up in the morning. Crazy! I guess the dr said it's more common than people would think.
  • Around 15 months. We first had the mattress on the floor because we hadn't put the bed together yet and then after about 1-2 wks later we put her in the bed and she did awesome